Dec 13, 2012, 10:43 AM EST
It’s unclear whether CBA negotiations (if you can call them that lately) will continue today after the NHLPA met with federal mediator Scot Beckenbaugh this morning.
As you may know, yesterday’s talks failed to bridge the gap between the NHL and the players.
How long can the two sides sit and stare at each other until the season is kaput? Well, deputy commissioner Bill Daly tells Yahoo!’s Nick Cotsonikas that a drop-dead date “has never been considered.”
That said, commissioner Gary Bettman said last week that he “can’t imagine wanting to play fewer than” 48 games — the same number they played after the 1994-95 work stoppage — which most observers believe means a mid-January target.
Update: 2:50 p.m. ET:
The NHL, represented by counsel Bob Batterman, has also spoken with the mediator; however, the two sides have yet to meet together in the same room. Whether they do remains up in the air.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:04 AM EST
Friday’s collection of links.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:17 AM EST
Head coach Mike Yeo said he earned that goose egg, too.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:47 PM EST
So much for some rest for Frederik Andersen.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:17 PM EST
Two youngsters change teams.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:22 PM EST
A bit of a statement from Tampa Bay?
Jan 29, 2015, 9:51 PM EST
A bitter game at times.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:44 PM EST
Oliver Ekman-Larsson catches him sleeping.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:33 PM EST
Another strong game on NBCSN.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:49 PM EST
Nice applause in his return to Ottawa.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:19 PM EST
Jan 29, 2015, 7:12 PM EST
To some extent, it was about staying closer to the game.
Jan 29, 2015, 6:17 PM EST
Bask in a budding rivalry.
Jan 29, 2015, 5:28 PM EST
The first of a Thursday night doubleheader on NBCSN.
Jan 29, 2015, 4:36 PM EST
The Coyotes and Canucks, that’s who.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:36 PM EST
In the wake of the controversial injury to Derek Dorsett.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:29 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Jan 29, 2015, 3:07 PM EST
Hopefully he can stay healthy this time.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:45 PM EST
“Consistency is still a word that we use constantly around here, bringing it all the time, and being emotionally attached to the games.”
Jan 29, 2015, 2:21 PM EST
Just months after COO John Collins said that jersey sponsorship “is coming” to the league.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:06 PM EST
“We’ve gotten better, and we’ve got to keep getting better.”
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 17
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46