Dec 13, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Yesterday’s meetings with federal mediators didn’t exactly sit too well with CBC’s Elliotte Friedman. “Non-binding mediation is the worst. A waste of time. A useless process. No mediator is going to get them to budge.” (CBC)
Mark Spector of Sportsnet wasn’t much of a fan of it either. “Let’s face it: Bettman does not require a mediator to show him where middle ground lies. Bettman knows where it is. He just does not want to go there.” (Sportsnet)
On the other hand, Damien Cox of The Toronto Star is a bit more upbeat that we’ll see hockey come January. (Toronto Star)
Oh look, Ottawa fans are eschewing buying Sens gear in favor of football stuff. (Senators Extra)
The Jets aren’t confirm whether or not youngster Mark Scheifele will stay at World Juniors full-time even though all signs say he will. Oh, mystery! (Winnipeg Sun)
Is Malcolm Subban in trouble to be Team Canada’s top WJC goalie? (Calgary Sun)
The LNAH “goon league” in Quebec is going straight? Did Doug Glatt or Ross Rhea show up? (Montreal Gazette)
Jul 31, 2015, 10:22 PM EDT
He’s also a veteran of 616 career games.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
That’s close to the middle between his and Washington’s requests.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
The decision surprised Arizona’s general manager.
Jul 31, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
The defenseman spent the 2014-15 campaign in the Swiss League.
Jul 31, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT
He considers himself a “young 29.”
Jul 31, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT
Ray Shero’s restructure continues.
Jul 31, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
There is a key deadline approaching though.
Jul 31, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
Johnson won a gold medal in 1988, but it was taken away because of a positive steroids test.
Jul 31, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
There’s a $500 million expansion fee to consider.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:24 AM EDT
This will be a key season for him.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Because once Voracek’s eight-year contract kicks in, they’ll be part of that list.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Former NHL stars are among the list of likely candidates.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Has Buffalo set itself up for an era of long playoff runs?
Jul 30, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
The deal is reportedly worth $5.6 million.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:11 PM EDT
At one point he was listed as the top European skater in the 2015 draft.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:52 PM EDT
The Flyers also have forwards Claude Giroux and Sean Couturier locked up.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:22 PM EDT
The 37-year-old still wants to continue his career.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Along with Yao Ming.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
“Nobody benefits from a short-term deal like this, in particular, our hockey department.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)