Dec 13, 2012, 7:22 PM EDT
Hockey Canada solidified its 2013 World Junior Championship roster by making eight final cuts on Thursday, according to TSN.
Here is the full roster, sorted by position:
Forwards: MacKinnon, Nugent-Hopkins, Huberdeau, Strome, Anthony Camara, Phillip Danault, Jonathan Drouin, Charles Hudon, Boone Jenner, J.C. Lipon, Ty Rattie, Brett Ritchie and Mark Scheifele.
Defensemen: Dougie Hamilton, Scott Harrington, Ryan Murphy, Xavier Ouellet, Griffin Reinhart, Morgan Rielly and Tyler Wotherspoon.
Goalies: Jordan Binnington, Jake Paterson and Malcolm Subban.
Huberdeau, Jenner, Scheifele, Strome, Hamilton and Harrington played for last year’s bronze medal-winning squad.
The eight players who represented the final cuts were: forwards Hunter Shinkaruk, Tom Wilson, Mark McNeil and Daneil Catennacci, defensemen Matthew Dumba, Frank Corrado and Ryan Sproul along with goalie Laurent Brossoit.
Two more notes:
- TSN’s Bob McKenzie rates the toughest choices as blueliner Wotherspoon over Corrado and Binnington instead of Brossit in net.
- CBC’s Tim Wharnsby notes that Dumba has been cut for the second straight year.
So which player do you expect to make the biggest impact during a tournament that often serves as a glimpse into hockey’s future?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5