Dec 13, 2012, 7:22 PM EDT
Hockey Canada solidified its 2013 World Junior Championship roster by making eight final cuts on Thursday, according to TSN.
Here is the full roster, sorted by position:
Forwards: MacKinnon, Nugent-Hopkins, Huberdeau, Strome, Anthony Camara, Phillip Danault, Jonathan Drouin, Charles Hudon, Boone Jenner, J.C. Lipon, Ty Rattie, Brett Ritchie and Mark Scheifele.
Defensemen: Dougie Hamilton, Scott Harrington, Ryan Murphy, Xavier Ouellet, Griffin Reinhart, Morgan Rielly and Tyler Wotherspoon.
Goalies: Jordan Binnington, Jake Paterson and Malcolm Subban.
Huberdeau, Jenner, Scheifele, Strome, Hamilton and Harrington played for last year’s bronze medal-winning squad.
The eight players who represented the final cuts were: forwards Hunter Shinkaruk, Tom Wilson, Mark McNeil and Daneil Catennacci, defensemen Matthew Dumba, Frank Corrado and Ryan Sproul along with goalie Laurent Brossoit.
Two more notes:
- TSN’s Bob McKenzie rates the toughest choices as blueliner Wotherspoon over Corrado and Binnington instead of Brossit in net.
- CBC’s Tim Wharnsby notes that Dumba has been cut for the second straight year.
So which player do you expect to make the biggest impact during a tournament that often serves as a glimpse into hockey’s future?
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)