Dec 13, 2012, 7:22 PM EDT
Hockey Canada solidified its 2013 World Junior Championship roster by making eight final cuts on Thursday, according to TSN.
Here is the full roster, sorted by position:
Forwards: MacKinnon, Nugent-Hopkins, Huberdeau, Strome, Anthony Camara, Phillip Danault, Jonathan Drouin, Charles Hudon, Boone Jenner, J.C. Lipon, Ty Rattie, Brett Ritchie and Mark Scheifele.
Defensemen: Dougie Hamilton, Scott Harrington, Ryan Murphy, Xavier Ouellet, Griffin Reinhart, Morgan Rielly and Tyler Wotherspoon.
Goalies: Jordan Binnington, Jake Paterson and Malcolm Subban.
Huberdeau, Jenner, Scheifele, Strome, Hamilton and Harrington played for last year’s bronze medal-winning squad.
The eight players who represented the final cuts were: forwards Hunter Shinkaruk, Tom Wilson, Mark McNeil and Daneil Catennacci, defensemen Matthew Dumba, Frank Corrado and Ryan Sproul along with goalie Laurent Brossoit.
Two more notes:
- TSN’s Bob McKenzie rates the toughest choices as blueliner Wotherspoon over Corrado and Binnington instead of Brossit in net.
- CBC’s Tim Wharnsby notes that Dumba has been cut for the second straight year.
So which player do you expect to make the biggest impact during a tournament that often serves as a glimpse into hockey’s future?
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 105
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115