Dec 13, 2012, 3:19 PM EST
Amerks head coach Ron Rolston thinks it’s possible Hodgson could be back in the line-up by this weekend.
“It’s been a day-to-day thing [with the hand],” Rolston said, as per the Buffalo News. “I think now it’s more of the strength of it and the functionality of what he can do out there. We’re hoping on Saturday, but we’ll see how it goes.”
Hodgson, 22, had 10 points in nine games for Rochester before suffering the injury.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 9
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 42
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45