Dec 13, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
NHLPA special counsel Steve Fehr briefly addressed the media following a second day of federally mediated bargaining, this time with NHL counsel Bob Batterman.
Unsurprisingly, Fehr had little to say.
“There has been contact between the parties today, principally at the mediator’s office,” Fehr said. “I’ve met with the mediator, Bob Batterman — outside counsel for the league — has been there. We’ve met separately through the mediator at times, we’ve met together, Don was over there very briefly.
“I think we’re done with contact for tonight.”
What else we learned:
– FCMS mediator Scot L. Beckenbaugh was once again involved in talks, but little was accomplished. It sounds as though neither side showed any change in position.
– The two sides will speak again tomorrow, though it’s unclear if they’ll meet in person or via telephone. Fehr said he didn’t know where a potential face-to-face meeting would be held.
– Sportsnet’s John Shannon has been “led to believe” that federal mediators are now “out of the picture.”
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 5
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 14
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 8
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 59
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination