Dec 13, 2012, 12:26 PM EDT
Jussi Jokinen is on his way back to Karpat.
That’s the word out of Carolina on Thursday as Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News and Observer reported Jokinen was off to Finland to re-join the SM-liiga club.
Jokinen, who starred for Karpat at the junior and senior levels before joining the Dallas organization in 2005, already completed two separate stints in Finland during the lockout.
The first was in October, the second in November — he racked up 14 points in 14 games all told — and the third will be for an undetermined length of time.
It makes sense that Karpat was eager to get Jokinen back in the fold. The team recently lost the services of Ottawa forward Kyle Turris, who returned to Canada after scoring 19 points in 21 games.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)