Dec 13, 2012, 12:26 PM EDT
Jussi Jokinen is on his way back to Karpat.
That’s the word out of Carolina on Thursday as Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News and Observer reported Jokinen was off to Finland to re-join the SM-liiga club.
Jokinen, who starred for Karpat at the junior and senior levels before joining the Dallas organization in 2005, already completed two separate stints in Finland during the lockout.
The first was in October, the second in November — he racked up 14 points in 14 games all told — and the third will be for an undetermined length of time.
It makes sense that Karpat was eager to get Jokinen back in the fold. The team recently lost the services of Ottawa forward Kyle Turris, who returned to Canada after scoring 19 points in 21 games.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 32
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1