Dec 13, 2012, 12:26 PM EST
Jussi Jokinen is on his way back to Karpat.
That’s the word out of Carolina on Thursday as Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News and Observer reported Jokinen was off to Finland to re-join the SM-liiga club.
Jokinen, who starred for Karpat at the junior and senior levels before joining the Dallas organization in 2005, already completed two separate stints in Finland during the lockout.
The first was in October, the second in November — he racked up 14 points in 14 games all told — and the third will be for an undetermined length of time.
It makes sense that Karpat was eager to get Jokinen back in the fold. The team recently lost the services of Ottawa forward Kyle Turris, who returned to Canada after scoring 19 points in 21 games.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 21
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 24
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 5
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 24
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 129
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (129)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (108)