Dec 13, 2012, 12:26 PM EST
Jussi Jokinen is on his way back to Karpat.
That’s the word out of Carolina on Thursday as Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News and Observer reported Jokinen was off to Finland to re-join the SM-liiga club.
Jokinen, who starred for Karpat at the junior and senior levels before joining the Dallas organization in 2005, already completed two separate stints in Finland during the lockout.
The first was in October, the second in November — he racked up 14 points in 14 games all told — and the third will be for an undetermined length of time.
It makes sense that Karpat was eager to get Jokinen back in the fold. The team recently lost the services of Ottawa forward Kyle Turris, who returned to Canada after scoring 19 points in 21 games.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 36
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)