Dec 13, 2012, 12:26 PM EDT
Jussi Jokinen is on his way back to Karpat.
That’s the word out of Carolina on Thursday as Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News and Observer reported Jokinen was off to Finland to re-join the SM-liiga club.
Jokinen, who starred for Karpat at the junior and senior levels before joining the Dallas organization in 2005, already completed two separate stints in Finland during the lockout.
The first was in October, the second in November — he racked up 14 points in 14 games all told — and the third will be for an undetermined length of time.
It makes sense that Karpat was eager to get Jokinen back in the fold. The team recently lost the services of Ottawa forward Kyle Turris, who returned to Canada after scoring 19 points in 21 games.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4