Dec 12, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators acquired Turris from the Phoenix Coyotes last year in exchange for prospect David Rundblad and a second-round pick that the Coyotes subsequently traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets as part of a deal to get Antoine Vermette.
Turris got ample playing time in Ottawa and finished the 2011-12 campaign with 12 goals and 29 points in 55 games. That convinced the Senators to ink Turris to a five-year, $17.5 million contract extension.
Before the lockout began, Turris was projected to earn $1.6 million in the final season of his old deal.
Turris had seven goals and 19 points in 21 SM-liiga games with Karpat.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 20
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 28
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)