Dec 12, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators acquired Turris from the Phoenix Coyotes last year in exchange for prospect David Rundblad and a second-round pick that the Coyotes subsequently traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets as part of a deal to get Antoine Vermette.
Turris got ample playing time in Ottawa and finished the 2011-12 campaign with 12 goals and 29 points in 55 games. That convinced the Senators to ink Turris to a five-year, $17.5 million contract extension.
Before the lockout began, Turris was projected to earn $1.6 million in the final season of his old deal.
Turris had seven goals and 19 points in 21 SM-liiga games with Karpat.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35