Dec 12, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators acquired Turris from the Phoenix Coyotes last year in exchange for prospect David Rundblad and a second-round pick that the Coyotes subsequently traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets as part of a deal to get Antoine Vermette.
Turris got ample playing time in Ottawa and finished the 2011-12 campaign with 12 goals and 29 points in 55 games. That convinced the Senators to ink Turris to a five-year, $17.5 million contract extension.
Before the lockout began, Turris was projected to earn $1.6 million in the final season of his old deal.
Turris had seven goals and 19 points in 21 SM-liiga games with Karpat.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21