Dec 12, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators acquired Turris from the Phoenix Coyotes last year in exchange for prospect David Rundblad and a second-round pick that the Coyotes subsequently traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets as part of a deal to get Antoine Vermette.
Turris got ample playing time in Ottawa and finished the 2011-12 campaign with 12 goals and 29 points in 55 games. That convinced the Senators to ink Turris to a five-year, $17.5 million contract extension.
Before the lockout began, Turris was projected to earn $1.6 million in the final season of his old deal.
Turris had seven goals and 19 points in 21 SM-liiga games with Karpat.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)