Dec 12, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
The Ottawa Senators acquired Turris from the Phoenix Coyotes last year in exchange for prospect David Rundblad and a second-round pick that the Coyotes subsequently traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets as part of a deal to get Antoine Vermette.
Turris got ample playing time in Ottawa and finished the 2011-12 campaign with 12 goals and 29 points in 55 games. That convinced the Senators to ink Turris to a five-year, $17.5 million contract extension.
Before the lockout began, Turris was projected to earn $1.6 million in the final season of his old deal.
Turris had seven goals and 19 points in 21 SM-liiga games with Karpat.
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 5
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 32
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 2