Dec 12, 2012, 1:27 PM EDT
Hossa suffered the concussion during Game 3 of Chicago’s opening round playoff series against Phoenix, on this hit from Coyotes forward Raffi Torres:
“I was so tired. I’d wake up and fall asleep again,” Hossa said. “All of a sudden I’d realize it was nighttime and I wasn’t hungry because I’d feel sick.
“I’d try to open the window and the light hits you and you realize it’s not good. The first three days were the worst days, but slowly it would become a little bit better and better.”
In early October, word broke that Hossa had resumed skating and working out with Chicago’s conditioning coach, but the 33-year-old declined to be interviewed about his progress.
If the medical clearance reports are accurate, Hossa would now officially be locked out and no longer eligible to collect salary or use team facilities/work with team staff.
Hossa is currently in the fourth year of a 12-year, $63.3 million deal
that sorta caused the lockout in the first place.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 13
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)