Dec 12, 2012, 1:27 PM EST
Hossa suffered the concussion during Game 3 of Chicago’s opening round playoff series against Phoenix, on this hit from Coyotes forward Raffi Torres:
“I was so tired. I’d wake up and fall asleep again,” Hossa said. “All of a sudden I’d realize it was nighttime and I wasn’t hungry because I’d feel sick.
“I’d try to open the window and the light hits you and you realize it’s not good. The first three days were the worst days, but slowly it would become a little bit better and better.”
In early October, word broke that Hossa had resumed skating and working out with Chicago’s conditioning coach, but the 33-year-old declined to be interviewed about his progress.
If the medical clearance reports are accurate, Hossa would now officially be locked out and no longer eligible to collect salary or use team facilities/work with team staff.
Hossa is currently in the fourth year of a 12-year, $63.3 million deal
that sorta caused the lockout in the first place.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 10
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 18
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)