Dec 12, 2012, 1:27 PM EST
Hossa suffered the concussion during Game 3 of Chicago’s opening round playoff series against Phoenix, on this hit from Coyotes forward Raffi Torres:
“I was so tired. I’d wake up and fall asleep again,” Hossa said. “All of a sudden I’d realize it was nighttime and I wasn’t hungry because I’d feel sick.
“I’d try to open the window and the light hits you and you realize it’s not good. The first three days were the worst days, but slowly it would become a little bit better and better.”
In early October, word broke that Hossa had resumed skating and working out with Chicago’s conditioning coach, but the 33-year-old declined to be interviewed about his progress.
If the medical clearance reports are accurate, Hossa would now officially be locked out and no longer eligible to collect salary or use team facilities/work with team staff.
Hossa is currently in the fourth year of a 12-year, $63.3 million deal
that sorta caused the lockout in the first place.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 4
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2