Dec 12, 2012, 11:41 PM EDT
Patrick Kane‘s adventures in Switzerland have been interesting to him, even when he’s got his mother along for the ride as Joshua Robinson of the Wall Street Journal shared. While that’s good for a laugh for some people, truth is he’d rather not have to go back to the Alps now that he’s back home.
Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com tweeted a few other choice bits from the Blackhawks’ superstar including his hopes that the lockout will end soon so he can stay in North America.
“It would be nice not to have to go back (to Switzerland) Sunday, to stay here and great ready for a training camp,” Kane said.
On the chance he does have to go back, he said he’ll head back on Sunday. That doesn’t leave the league and players much time to get things on the road to being ironed out. Kane also says he’ll play in the Spengler Cup for HC Davos if he goes back. That won’t be awkward for his current team, EHC Biel, at all.
At least this time around he’ll be bringing his girlfriend with him instead of mom. If nothing else, that might be the most shocking news of all.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 25
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)