Dec 12, 2012, 11:41 PM EST
Patrick Kane‘s adventures in Switzerland have been interesting to him, even when he’s got his mother along for the ride as Joshua Robinson of the Wall Street Journal shared. While that’s good for a laugh for some people, truth is he’d rather not have to go back to the Alps now that he’s back home.
Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com tweeted a few other choice bits from the Blackhawks’ superstar including his hopes that the lockout will end soon so he can stay in North America.
“It would be nice not to have to go back (to Switzerland) Sunday, to stay here and great ready for a training camp,” Kane said.
On the chance he does have to go back, he said he’ll head back on Sunday. That doesn’t leave the league and players much time to get things on the road to being ironed out. Kane also says he’ll play in the Spengler Cup for HC Davos if he goes back. That won’t be awkward for his current team, EHC Biel, at all.
At least this time around he’ll be bringing his girlfriend with him instead of mom. If nothing else, that might be the most shocking news of all.
- Report: Connolly suffers broken finger in Bruins practice 1
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 9
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)