Dec 12, 2012, 11:41 PM EDT
Patrick Kane‘s adventures in Switzerland have been interesting to him, even when he’s got his mother along for the ride as Joshua Robinson of the Wall Street Journal shared. While that’s good for a laugh for some people, truth is he’d rather not have to go back to the Alps now that he’s back home.
Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com tweeted a few other choice bits from the Blackhawks’ superstar including his hopes that the lockout will end soon so he can stay in North America.
“It would be nice not to have to go back (to Switzerland) Sunday, to stay here and great ready for a training camp,” Kane said.
On the chance he does have to go back, he said he’ll head back on Sunday. That doesn’t leave the league and players much time to get things on the road to being ironed out. Kane also says he’ll play in the Spengler Cup for HC Davos if he goes back. That won’t be awkward for his current team, EHC Biel, at all.
At least this time around he’ll be bringing his girlfriend with him instead of mom. If nothing else, that might be the most shocking news of all.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 33
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6