Dec 12, 2012, 11:41 PM EDT
Patrick Kane‘s adventures in Switzerland have been interesting to him, even when he’s got his mother along for the ride as Joshua Robinson of the Wall Street Journal shared. While that’s good for a laugh for some people, truth is he’d rather not have to go back to the Alps now that he’s back home.
Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com tweeted a few other choice bits from the Blackhawks’ superstar including his hopes that the lockout will end soon so he can stay in North America.
“It would be nice not to have to go back (to Switzerland) Sunday, to stay here and great ready for a training camp,” Kane said.
On the chance he does have to go back, he said he’ll head back on Sunday. That doesn’t leave the league and players much time to get things on the road to being ironed out. Kane also says he’ll play in the Spengler Cup for HC Davos if he goes back. That won’t be awkward for his current team, EHC Biel, at all.
At least this time around he’ll be bringing his girlfriend with him instead of mom. If nothing else, that might be the most shocking news of all.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25