Dec 12, 2012, 11:41 PM EST
Patrick Kane‘s adventures in Switzerland have been interesting to him, even when he’s got his mother along for the ride as Joshua Robinson of the Wall Street Journal shared. While that’s good for a laugh for some people, truth is he’d rather not have to go back to the Alps now that he’s back home.
Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com tweeted a few other choice bits from the Blackhawks’ superstar including his hopes that the lockout will end soon so he can stay in North America.
“It would be nice not to have to go back (to Switzerland) Sunday, to stay here and great ready for a training camp,” Kane said.
On the chance he does have to go back, he said he’ll head back on Sunday. That doesn’t leave the league and players much time to get things on the road to being ironed out. Kane also says he’ll play in the Spengler Cup for HC Davos if he goes back. That won’t be awkward for his current team, EHC Biel, at all.
At least this time around he’ll be bringing his girlfriend with him instead of mom. If nothing else, that might be the most shocking news of all.
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 0
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 18
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 37
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 49
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 11
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 15
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 15
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 41
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)