Dec 12, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
Some concern in Toronto as Leafs defenseman Jake Gardiner, currently playing for the AHL Marlies, is out with the dreaded concussion-like symptoms.
It’s believed Gardiner suffered the injury Saturday when hit (charged, to be specific) by Rochester’s Kevin Porter. Gardiner stayed in the game and even scored the winning goal, but was eventually pulled.
After the game, Eakins said Gardiner “wasn’t in a concussion state, just not feeling quite right.”
Gardiner has been an offensive force this season, tallying nine goals and eight assists in 22 games. The Leafs have high hopes for the 22-year-old who was acquired, along with Joffrey Lupul, from Anaheim in 2011 for François Beauchemin.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 10
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 34
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2