Dec 12, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Some concern in Toronto as Leafs defenseman Jake Gardiner, currently playing for the AHL Marlies, is out with the dreaded concussion-like symptoms.
It’s believed Gardiner suffered the injury Saturday when hit (charged, to be specific) by Rochester’s Kevin Porter. Gardiner stayed in the game and even scored the winning goal, but was eventually pulled.
After the game, Eakins said Gardiner “wasn’t in a concussion state, just not feeling quite right.”
Gardiner has been an offensive force this season, tallying nine goals and eight assists in 22 games. The Leafs have high hopes for the 22-year-old who was acquired, along with Joffrey Lupul, from Anaheim in 2011 for François Beauchemin.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5