Dec 12, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
Today’s round of talks with mediators came in with a lot of hype but end with a bit more disappointment.
NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr addressed the media after wrapping up conference calls with team representatives and confirmed that not much has changed since last Thursday’s meltdown.
Both sides each met with federal mediators but did not meet face-to-face. No new proposals were tabled nor were any old ones re-tabled. All in all it comes off looking like another disappointing day in this now 88-day lockout.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28