Dec 12, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
Today’s round of talks with mediators came in with a lot of hype but end with a bit more disappointment.
NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr addressed the media after wrapping up conference calls with team representatives and confirmed that not much has changed since last Thursday’s meltdown.
Both sides each met with federal mediators but did not meet face-to-face. No new proposals were tabled nor were any old ones re-tabled. All in all it comes off looking like another disappointing day in this now 88-day lockout.
- Video: Rangers’ Moore dangles, scores on beauty end-to-end rush 0
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 4
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36