CBA negotiations resume today in…somewhere

Dec 12, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT

Gary Bettman, Donald Fehr Getty Images

The NHL and NHLPA are back at the bargaining today with the help of federal mediators.

Yesterday, deputy commissioner Bill Daly said the talks would not be held in New York, but according to RDS’s Renaud Lavoie they’re indeed being held in New York.

Wherever they are (New Jersey?), clearly the media’s not invited.

Negotiations blew up last week after promising discussions between owners and players; however, there seems to be an air of optimism that a deal could be reached soon.

1. id4joey - Dec 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Hmmmm! In the offices of Proskauer Rose or MSG?

2. coreydm80 - Dec 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Yes, we are not meeting in NY…fooled them!

3. davebabychreturns - Dec 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

This is good news.

As some knowledgeable folks predicted, when a deal finally comes the work to get there will be done with little mind for the media circus or anything else.

Meeting without a pack of reporters outside more closely resembles a serious negotiation than anything else that has taken place thusfar – hopefully it resembles a serious negotiation enough that something actually gets done this time.

4. ewoods6 - Dec 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Daly, you’re such a douche bag.

5. avscanes - Dec 12, 2012 at 12:28 PM

what??? Daly lied??? no way……

6. acieu - Dec 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Fehr your such a douchebag

7. bricktop02 - Dec 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I need to hear from 4joeys secret insider for info before I believe anything that’s said.

• id4joey - Dec 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Lol! Ok! Expect a deal to be made within the next 3 to 5 days and the season to start on Dec 30th. Yes! I heard this directly from the mouth of one of my sources. Actually got this info yesterday evening. I hope he’s f en right.

• paledevil - Dec 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM

• mgp1219 - Dec 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM

joey…you’re a douchebag. my one source was right. your “sources” are never right.

8. jaredo10 - Dec 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Should have a deal no later then Friday and hopefully have the season start on New Years day.. Lets go Rangerssssss

9. drunknbflo - Dec 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I dont usually coment on these articles but i read a lot of the comments and i see a lot of people hating on joeyfor having these secret sources but i must say hes been pretty acurate a lot of the time. I really hope hes right this time.

• thailer35 - Dec 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I believe someone also found that one of his posts matched word for word what someone else had posted on twitter, so he’s accturately plagierizing.

• id4joey - Dec 12, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Exuse me…. Whenever I was aware that the info I was about to share was already out there, I would reference it in my posts. So, back off d-bag. Yeah! It happened once that there was overlap. But, I was also the second of 4 to publicly post that particular comment. It means numbers 3 & 4 plagerized me. NOT! BACK OFF!

10. bricktop02 - Dec 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Lol, Joey you are the best!!!

• id4joey - Dec 13, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Hey! Thumbs up, and the “Colbert bump”.

11. trick9 - Dec 12, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Feeling bit optimistic again, after seeing several players suddenly leave their European clubs. Especially as few of them stated the reason that they believe NHL will resume soon.

12. cspsrbums - Dec 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM

@ drunk he has been saying they going to have a deal after every meeting they have sooner or later it will be right

13. jaker85 - Dec 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM

People who work for the Pens are being told the lockout is over and will be announced Friday.

Top 10 NHL Player Searches