Dec 11, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
Wednesday’s CBA negotiations between the NHL and NHLPA will include federal mediators Scot L. Beckenbaugh and John Sweeney, per multiple reports.
It won’t be the first time mediators have participated in talks. Two weeks ago, they spent a couple of fruitless days trying to bridge the gap between the two sides.
Last week, it was reported the union requested the participation of mediators in the players-owners meetings. The league has been more hesitant to invite third-party intervention.
It hasn’t been announced where tomorrow’s talks will be held. According to NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly, it won’t be New York.
Perhaps they’ll meet on a hill.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 25
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40