Dec 11, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
Wednesday’s CBA negotiations between the NHL and NHLPA will include federal mediators Scot L. Beckenbaugh and John Sweeney, per multiple reports.
It won’t be the first time mediators have participated in talks. Two weeks ago, they spent a couple of fruitless days trying to bridge the gap between the two sides.
Last week, it was reported the union requested the participation of mediators in the players-owners meetings. The league has been more hesitant to invite third-party intervention.
It hasn’t been announced where tomorrow’s talks will be held. According to NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly, it won’t be New York.
Perhaps they’ll meet on a hill.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5