Dec 11, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
Wednesday’s CBA negotiations between the NHL and NHLPA will include federal mediators Scot L. Beckenbaugh and John Sweeney, per multiple reports.
It won’t be the first time mediators have participated in talks. Two weeks ago, they spent a couple of fruitless days trying to bridge the gap between the two sides.
Last week, it was reported the union requested the participation of mediators in the players-owners meetings. The league has been more hesitant to invite third-party intervention.
It hasn’t been announced where tomorrow’s talks will be held. According to NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly, it won’t be New York.
Perhaps they’ll meet on a hill.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 51
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12