Dec 11, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
In case you missed it over the weekend, NBC Sports and Yahoo! have formed a partnership designed to
take over the world ally two of the most trusted brands in sports.
You can check out the full press release here, which includes enjoyable buzzterms like “scalable advertising” and “multi-platform delivery.”
As for what the partnership means practically? Day-to-day, things will stay the same. ProHockeyTalk will continue to conduct lockout business as usual, bringing you enthralling CBA news and up-to-the-minute transactions from the Finnish third division.
The exciting part is that we’ll be partnering up with the Puck Daddy/Yahoo! NHL crew. That means collaborating with Greg Wyshynski, who we’ve worked with on a number of past occasions. Most recently, we all appeared on the same panel at Blogs With Balls 5.
Long term, we hope that working with Puck Daddy will mean unlimited access to its library of awful hockey jerseys and Gangam Style parody videos. Fingers crossed.
Anyway, that’s all for now. Remember to be nice if any of the Yahoo! commenters make their way over here. It wouldn’t kill you to comb your hair and put on a tie.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7