Dec 11, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Stuart, 28, is the latest in a number of locked-out NHLers to join the East Coast league. He’ll join Colorado rearguard Ryan O’Byrne in Florida and could soon face off against a number of his contemporaries: Ryan Reaves (Orlando), Colby Armstrong (Utah) and Kyle Clifford (Ontario) to name a few.
One of the Jets’ four alternate captains, Stuart enjoyed a solid campaign in the franchise’s inaugural season in Winnipeg in 2011-12. He finished second on the team in hits (198) while leading in blocked shots (182) — that number left him tied for eighth in the NHL last season, with New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh.
Stuart has two seasons remaining on the three-year, $5.1 million extension signed with Atlanta in 2011.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 0
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17