Dec 11, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Stuart, 28, is the latest in a number of locked-out NHLers to join the East Coast league. He’ll join Colorado rearguard Ryan O’Byrne in Florida and could soon face off against a number of his contemporaries: Ryan Reaves (Orlando), Colby Armstrong (Utah) and Kyle Clifford (Ontario) to name a few.
One of the Jets’ four alternate captains, Stuart enjoyed a solid campaign in the franchise’s inaugural season in Winnipeg in 2011-12. He finished second on the team in hits (198) while leading in blocked shots (182) — that number left him tied for eighth in the NHL last season, with New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh.
Stuart has two seasons remaining on the three-year, $5.1 million extension signed with Atlanta in 2011.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (125)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)