Dec 11, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Stuart, 28, is the latest in a number of locked-out NHLers to join the East Coast league. He’ll join Colorado rearguard Ryan O’Byrne in Florida and could soon face off against a number of his contemporaries: Ryan Reaves (Orlando), Colby Armstrong (Utah) and Kyle Clifford (Ontario) to name a few.
One of the Jets’ four alternate captains, Stuart enjoyed a solid campaign in the franchise’s inaugural season in Winnipeg in 2011-12. He finished second on the team in hits (198) while leading in blocked shots (182) — that number left him tied for eighth in the NHL last season, with New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh.
Stuart has two seasons remaining on the three-year, $5.1 million extension signed with Atlanta in 2011.
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 0
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)