Dec 10, 2012, 10:44 AM EDT
Fribourg-Gotteron plays in the Swiss League and is one of the six teams that will participate in this year’s Spengler Cup. The tournament was founded back in 1923 and has never been won by Fribourg-Gotteron.
The Spengler Cup will begin on Dec. 26 and the finals are scheduled for Dec. 31.
Talbot has already gotten some playing time under his belt in Europe during the lockout. He has five points and 28 penalty minutes in 10 games with Ilves Tampere of Finland’s SM-liiga.
Before the lockout began, Talbot was projected to make $2,250,000 this season in the second campaign of his five-year, $8,750,000 contract with the Flyers. He set new career-highs with 19 goals and 34 points in 81 games with Philadelphia in 2011-12.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 2
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)