Dec 10, 2012, 10:44 AM EST
Fribourg-Gotteron plays in the Swiss League and is one of the six teams that will participate in this year’s Spengler Cup. The tournament was founded back in 1923 and has never been won by Fribourg-Gotteron.
The Spengler Cup will begin on Dec. 26 and the finals are scheduled for Dec. 31.
Talbot has already gotten some playing time under his belt in Europe during the lockout. He has five points and 28 penalty minutes in 10 games with Ilves Tampere of Finland’s SM-liiga.
Before the lockout began, Talbot was projected to make $2,250,000 this season in the second campaign of his five-year, $8,750,000 contract with the Flyers. He set new career-highs with 19 goals and 34 points in 81 games with Philadelphia in 2011-12.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 14
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 12
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 4
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8