Dec 10, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
Florida prospect Jacob Markstrom has been named the AHL’s player of the week after the 22-year-old goalie went 4-0-0 for the San Antonio Rampage with a 1.75 goals-against average and .949 save percentage.
Markstrom has spent most of his pro career in the AHL. He did, however, make six starts last season with the Panthers, going 2-4-0 with an impressive .923 SV%.
Markstrom is also the main reason people have wondered why Florida would want to acquire Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo. (Granted those rumors have died down considerably and been replaced with Luongo-to-Toronto speculation.)
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25