Dec 10, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
Florida prospect Jacob Markstrom has been named the AHL’s player of the week after the 22-year-old goalie went 4-0-0 for the San Antonio Rampage with a 1.75 goals-against average and .949 save percentage.
Markstrom has spent most of his pro career in the AHL. He did, however, make six starts last season with the Panthers, going 2-4-0 with an impressive .923 SV%.
Markstrom is also the main reason people have wondered why Florida would want to acquire Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo. (Granted those rumors have died down considerably and been replaced with Luongo-to-Toronto speculation.)
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7