Dec 10, 2012, 1:05 PM EST
Florida prospect Jacob Markstrom has been named the AHL’s player of the week after the 22-year-old goalie went 4-0-0 for the San Antonio Rampage with a 1.75 goals-against average and .949 save percentage.
Markstrom has spent most of his pro career in the AHL. He did, however, make six starts last season with the Panthers, going 2-4-0 with an impressive .923 SV%.
Markstrom is also the main reason people have wondered why Florida would want to acquire Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo. (Granted those rumors have died down considerably and been replaced with Luongo-to-Toronto speculation.)
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54