Dec 10, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
Florida prospect Jacob Markstrom has been named the AHL’s player of the week after the 22-year-old goalie went 4-0-0 for the San Antonio Rampage with a 1.75 goals-against average and .949 save percentage.
Markstrom has spent most of his pro career in the AHL. He did, however, make six starts last season with the Panthers, going 2-4-0 with an impressive .923 SV%.
Markstrom is also the main reason people have wondered why Florida would want to acquire Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo. (Granted those rumors have died down considerably and been replaced with Luongo-to-Toronto speculation.)
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20