Dec 10, 2012, 8:24 PM EDT
Vancouver’s Manny Malhotra has been a fixture at labor meetings during the lockout. While talk has been surprisingly hopeful about getting a deal done, even in spite of today’s cancellations, Malhotra knows it won’t be simple.
Ben Kuzma of The Province spoke with Malhotra who shared his thoughts on how splitting things up isn’t as easy as it sounds.
“You’d like to think so, but coming from where we have and going in their [owners'] direction all summer long and having no reciprocation on their part, I don’t think splitting the difference at this point would be in fact splitting it — it would be us conceding more to them.”
Malhotra says the players “have conceded too much” to the owners and giving them more is “nonsense.” Obviously the owners’ view of things would be quite the opposite of that, but much like everyone involved in these talks, he’s frustrated with the process.
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 19
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 17
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 17
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 13
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 30
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)