Dec 10, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
Jonathan Huberdeau got into a little bit of hot water with the QMJHL.
The Panthers prospect was suspended for four games for his part in an altercation that saw him busted for abusing officials. Funny thing about this, however, is that he may never get to serve his punishment as Scott Fisher of the Calgary Sun outlines.
You see, he just played in what may have been his final game for the St. John Sea Dogs as he’s set to take part in Team Canada’s World Junior Championships camp. It’s assumed he’ll earn a spot on the team and from there, it’s up to the NHL lockout to decide if he’ll head back to junior hockey.
Should the lockout come to an end before World Juniors is through in early January, it’s expected Huberdeau will earn a spot with the Panthers. If that happens, he won’t have any punishment to deal with. Meanwhile, he tells Fisher he’s sorry about what happened with the official.
“It was not intentional. I talked to the (linesman) after the game and he didn’t think it was my fault. But the league made a decision. That’s their job and I’m fine with that.”
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)