Dec 10, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Jonathan Huberdeau got into a little bit of hot water with the QMJHL.
The Panthers prospect was suspended for four games for his part in an altercation that saw him busted for abusing officials. Funny thing about this, however, is that he may never get to serve his punishment as Scott Fisher of the Calgary Sun outlines.
You see, he just played in what may have been his final game for the St. John Sea Dogs as he’s set to take part in Team Canada’s World Junior Championships camp. It’s assumed he’ll earn a spot on the team and from there, it’s up to the NHL lockout to decide if he’ll head back to junior hockey.
Should the lockout come to an end before World Juniors is through in early January, it’s expected Huberdeau will earn a spot with the Panthers. If that happens, he won’t have any punishment to deal with. Meanwhile, he tells Fisher he’s sorry about what happened with the official.
“It was not intentional. I talked to the (linesman) after the game and he didn’t think it was my fault. But the league made a decision. That’s their job and I’m fine with that.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 53
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)