Dec 10, 2012, 7:03 PM EDT
You won’t be seeing Connor McDavid in the NHL until at least 2015, but that’s not stopping him from getting paid.
Liz Mullen at Sports Business Journal reports the 15 year-old Erie Otters forward is close to landing an endorsement deal with Reebok that will see him sell everything from skates to shirts to hats and then some. Mullen notes that if McDavid does sign the deal, he’ll be the youngest player to represent Reebok and he’ll be the company’s biggest signing since 2005.
McDavid is in his first season in the OHL and is already being hailed as the “next Sidney Crosby.” Of course it’s convenient that Crosby is the big name helping to push Reebok goods already. If McDavid is able to eventually live up to the hype that’s already starting for him, the Reebok family will be the place to be for the faces of hockey.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)