Dec 10, 2012, 7:03 PM EST
You won’t be seeing Connor McDavid in the NHL until at least 2015, but that’s not stopping him from getting paid.
Liz Mullen at Sports Business Journal reports the 15 year-old Erie Otters forward is close to landing an endorsement deal with Reebok that will see him sell everything from skates to shirts to hats and then some. Mullen notes that if McDavid does sign the deal, he’ll be the youngest player to represent Reebok and he’ll be the company’s biggest signing since 2005.
McDavid is in his first season in the OHL and is already being hailed as the “next Sidney Crosby.” Of course it’s convenient that Crosby is the big name helping to push Reebok goods already. If McDavid is able to eventually live up to the hype that’s already starting for him, the Reebok family will be the place to be for the faces of hockey.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 31
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 10
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 35
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (40)