Dec 10, 2012, 7:03 PM EST
You won’t be seeing Connor McDavid in the NHL until at least 2015, but that’s not stopping him from getting paid.
Liz Mullen at Sports Business Journal reports the 15 year-old Erie Otters forward is close to landing an endorsement deal with Reebok that will see him sell everything from skates to shirts to hats and then some. Mullen notes that if McDavid does sign the deal, he’ll be the youngest player to represent Reebok and he’ll be the company’s biggest signing since 2005.
McDavid is in his first season in the OHL and is already being hailed as the “next Sidney Crosby.” Of course it’s convenient that Crosby is the big name helping to push Reebok goods already. If McDavid is able to eventually live up to the hype that’s already starting for him, the Reebok family will be the place to be for the faces of hockey.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)