Dec 9, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
For the second time in his career, Ryan Reaves is playing in the ECHL.
With the lockout threatening to eliminate the 2012-13 campaign, the Orlando Solar Bears have announced the signing of Reaves.
The move will reunite Reaves with Solar Bears head coach Drake Berehowsky, who was an assistant coach with the AHL Peoria Rivermen during Reaves’ tenure with the squad.
“Reaves is a great addition to our club,” Berehowsky said. “He brings strong leadership both on and off the ice, and the way he plays the game will set a tremendous example to the rest of our team.”
Reaves was only beginning to establish himself in the NHL when the lockout started. He was scheduled to begin his two-year, $1.2 million contract with the Blues this season. It would have been the first time in his career that he had the security of a one-way deal.
Reaves had four points and 124 penalty minutes in 60 games with the Blues last season.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)