Dec 9, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
For the second time in his career, Ryan Reaves is playing in the ECHL.
With the lockout threatening to eliminate the 2012-13 campaign, the Orlando Solar Bears have announced the signing of Reaves.
The move will reunite Reaves with Solar Bears head coach Drake Berehowsky, who was an assistant coach with the AHL Peoria Rivermen during Reaves’ tenure with the squad.
“Reaves is a great addition to our club,” Berehowsky said. “He brings strong leadership both on and off the ice, and the way he plays the game will set a tremendous example to the rest of our team.”
Reaves was only beginning to establish himself in the NHL when the lockout started. He was scheduled to begin his two-year, $1.2 million contract with the Blues this season. It would have been the first time in his career that he had the security of a one-way deal.
Reaves had four points and 124 penalty minutes in 60 games with the Blues last season.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)