Dec 9, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
For the second time in his career, Ryan Reaves is playing in the ECHL.
With the lockout threatening to eliminate the 2012-13 campaign, the Orlando Solar Bears have announced the signing of Reaves.
The move will reunite Reaves with Solar Bears head coach Drake Berehowsky, who was an assistant coach with the AHL Peoria Rivermen during Reaves’ tenure with the squad.
“Reaves is a great addition to our club,” Berehowsky said. “He brings strong leadership both on and off the ice, and the way he plays the game will set a tremendous example to the rest of our team.”
Reaves was only beginning to establish himself in the NHL when the lockout started. He was scheduled to begin his two-year, $1.2 million contract with the Blues this season. It would have been the first time in his career that he had the security of a one-way deal.
Reaves had four points and 124 penalty minutes in 60 games with the Blues last season.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 6
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 28
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)