Dec 9, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
For the second time in his career, Ryan Reaves is playing in the ECHL.
With the lockout threatening to eliminate the 2012-13 campaign, the Orlando Solar Bears have announced the signing of Reaves.
The move will reunite Reaves with Solar Bears head coach Drake Berehowsky, who was an assistant coach with the AHL Peoria Rivermen during Reaves’ tenure with the squad.
“Reaves is a great addition to our club,” Berehowsky said. “He brings strong leadership both on and off the ice, and the way he plays the game will set a tremendous example to the rest of our team.”
Reaves was only beginning to establish himself in the NHL when the lockout started. He was scheduled to begin his two-year, $1.2 million contract with the Blues this season. It would have been the first time in his career that he had the security of a one-way deal.
Reaves had four points and 124 penalty minutes in 60 games with the Blues last season.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (95)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)