Dec 9, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
You wouldn’t think that Phineas and Ferb and the NHL have much of a history together, but back in Oct. 2011, the league started a partnership with the show.
The NHL sold merchandise that featured the show’s characters and played clips during games.
“The Phineas and Ferb brand evokes creativity, youthfulness and high energy, not unlike the NHL brand,” said the NHL’s vice president of consumer products Jim Haskins at the time in an NESN report.
Recently the show took another dip into the hockey world when they invited Hall of Famer Luc Robitaille to guest star in the season premiere For Your Ice Only.
“It was a blast working with Luc. He’s a genuinely great guy and very patient with the whole process,” said co-creator and executive producer Jeff “Swampy” Marsh, according to Fox Sports West. “We had more than a few laughs at the sessions, and I’d be happy to have him back one day. Personally, it was a real honor to have worked with him.”
Robitaille is one of just 18 members of the 600-goal club, the reigning Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings’ president of business operations and, most importantly, had a cameo in D2: The Mighty Ducks.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)