Dec 9, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
You wouldn’t think that Phineas and Ferb and the NHL have much of a history together, but back in Oct. 2011, the league started a partnership with the show.
The NHL sold merchandise that featured the show’s characters and played clips during games.
“The Phineas and Ferb brand evokes creativity, youthfulness and high energy, not unlike the NHL brand,” said the NHL’s vice president of consumer products Jim Haskins at the time in an NESN report.
Recently the show took another dip into the hockey world when they invited Hall of Famer Luc Robitaille to guest star in the season premiere For Your Ice Only.
“It was a blast working with Luc. He’s a genuinely great guy and very patient with the whole process,” said co-creator and executive producer Jeff “Swampy” Marsh, according to Fox Sports West. “We had more than a few laughs at the sessions, and I’d be happy to have him back one day. Personally, it was a real honor to have worked with him.”
Robitaille is one of just 18 members of the 600-goal club, the reigning Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings’ president of business operations and, most importantly, had a cameo in D2: The Mighty Ducks.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 32
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10