Dec 9, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
You wouldn’t think that Phineas and Ferb and the NHL have much of a history together, but back in Oct. 2011, the league started a partnership with the show.
The NHL sold merchandise that featured the show’s characters and played clips during games.
“The Phineas and Ferb brand evokes creativity, youthfulness and high energy, not unlike the NHL brand,” said the NHL’s vice president of consumer products Jim Haskins at the time in an NESN report.
Recently the show took another dip into the hockey world when they invited Hall of Famer Luc Robitaille to guest star in the season premiere For Your Ice Only.
“It was a blast working with Luc. He’s a genuinely great guy and very patient with the whole process,” said co-creator and executive producer Jeff “Swampy” Marsh, according to Fox Sports West. “We had more than a few laughs at the sessions, and I’d be happy to have him back one day. Personally, it was a real honor to have worked with him.”
Robitaille is one of just 18 members of the 600-goal club, the reigning Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings’ president of business operations and, most importantly, had a cameo in D2: The Mighty Ducks.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46