Dec 9, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
You wouldn’t think that Phineas and Ferb and the NHL have much of a history together, but back in Oct. 2011, the league started a partnership with the show.
The NHL sold merchandise that featured the show’s characters and played clips during games.
“The Phineas and Ferb brand evokes creativity, youthfulness and high energy, not unlike the NHL brand,” said the NHL’s vice president of consumer products Jim Haskins at the time in an NESN report.
Recently the show took another dip into the hockey world when they invited Hall of Famer Luc Robitaille to guest star in the season premiere For Your Ice Only.
“It was a blast working with Luc. He’s a genuinely great guy and very patient with the whole process,” said co-creator and executive producer Jeff “Swampy” Marsh, according to Fox Sports West. “We had more than a few laughs at the sessions, and I’d be happy to have him back one day. Personally, it was a real honor to have worked with him.”
Robitaille is one of just 18 members of the 600-goal club, the reigning Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings’ president of business operations and, most importantly, had a cameo in D2: The Mighty Ducks.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)