Dec 8, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT
That’s great news for Canada, but could be especially good news for the Edmonton Oilers. He was questionable to play for the team as early as Dec. 4, yet this indicates that his shoulder injury might be close to healed up.
If a shortened season happens, there’s some reason to believe that the young playmaker might be available on opening night, then.
Inside Sports’ Dan Tencer thinks that Team Canada is rolling the dice, implying that the Oilers would have him on a plane back “the moment” that training camp begins – if applicable.
He also rolls out the tantalizing opportunity Canada may have on its hands, though; Nugent-Hopkins could very well line up with super-prospects Jonathan Huberdeau and Mark Scheifele if the lockout drags on through the tournament.
Either way, it’s great news for a budding prospect and a team that hopes to eventually climb the NHL ladder.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22