Dec 8, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT
That’s great news for Canada, but could be especially good news for the Edmonton Oilers. He was questionable to play for the team as early as Dec. 4, yet this indicates that his shoulder injury might be close to healed up.
If a shortened season happens, there’s some reason to believe that the young playmaker might be available on opening night, then.
Inside Sports’ Dan Tencer thinks that Team Canada is rolling the dice, implying that the Oilers would have him on a plane back “the moment” that training camp begins – if applicable.
He also rolls out the tantalizing opportunity Canada may have on its hands, though; Nugent-Hopkins could very well line up with super-prospects Jonathan Huberdeau and Mark Scheifele if the lockout drags on through the tournament.
Either way, it’s great news for a budding prospect and a team that hopes to eventually climb the NHL ladder.
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 5
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 14
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 8
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 59
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination