Dec 8, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Mike Mottau was a depth defenseman last season with the Boston Bruins. Now he’ll be taking his game back to the AHL. Mottau signed a veteran try-out agreement with the San Antonio Rampage, Florida’s farm team, as Joe Haggerty from CSNNE.com shares.
According to Haggerty, Mottau had offers to play the full season from European teams but he held out hope the lockout would be short and he’d be able to battle for an NHL job. So much for that. He says he’s headed to San Antonio to get in game shape just in case things get settled.
Last season with the Islanders and Bruins, Mottau played in just 35 regular season games as well as two postseason games against the Capitals. He finished up the season with two assists and 15 penalty minutes on the year, all of that coming with the Isles.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9