Dec 8, 2012, 8:17 PM EDT
It appears Matt Duchene‘s time in Sweden playing for Frolunda is at an end.
Duchene scored the game-winning goal for Frolunda in a 3-1 win over Linkopings in Swedish Elite League action and Uffe Bodin of HockeySverige.se reports he will be leaving the team to play in Switzerland.
Frolunda’s website quotes Duchene after today’s game, and beware of the Google translation ahead.
“A lovely finish. Now I’ll go somewhere else and play, but it will be tough to top the Gothenburg. Now we have a Christmas party, it will be nice.”
Gothenburg, of course, is the city where Frolunda plays. Good to hear about the Christmas party though, stay away from the lutefisk.
While Duchene may have designs on playing in the Swiss National League, there’s always the chance the NHL and NHLPA can get things figured out and he can come right back to North America. We’ll see about that.
(Photo: Uffe Bodin via Twitter)
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)