Dec 8, 2012, 8:17 PM EDT
It appears Matt Duchene‘s time in Sweden playing for Frolunda is at an end.
Duchene scored the game-winning goal for Frolunda in a 3-1 win over Linkopings in Swedish Elite League action and Uffe Bodin of HockeySverige.se reports he will be leaving the team to play in Switzerland.
Frolunda’s website quotes Duchene after today’s game, and beware of the Google translation ahead.
“A lovely finish. Now I’ll go somewhere else and play, but it will be tough to top the Gothenburg. Now we have a Christmas party, it will be nice.”
Gothenburg, of course, is the city where Frolunda plays. Good to hear about the Christmas party though, stay away from the lutefisk.
While Duchene may have designs on playing in the Swiss National League, there’s always the chance the NHL and NHLPA can get things figured out and he can come right back to North America. We’ll see about that.
(Photo: Uffe Bodin via Twitter)
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)