Dec 8, 2012, 8:17 PM EDT
It appears Matt Duchene‘s time in Sweden playing for Frolunda is at an end.
Duchene scored the game-winning goal for Frolunda in a 3-1 win over Linkopings in Swedish Elite League action and Uffe Bodin of HockeySverige.se reports he will be leaving the team to play in Switzerland.
Frolunda’s website quotes Duchene after today’s game, and beware of the Google translation ahead.
“A lovely finish. Now I’ll go somewhere else and play, but it will be tough to top the Gothenburg. Now we have a Christmas party, it will be nice.”
Gothenburg, of course, is the city where Frolunda plays. Good to hear about the Christmas party though, stay away from the lutefisk.
While Duchene may have designs on playing in the Swiss National League, there’s always the chance the NHL and NHLPA can get things figured out and he can come right back to North America. We’ll see about that.
(Photo: Uffe Bodin via Twitter)
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)