Dec 8, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
You know the lockout is getting to the players when Sidney Crosby is frustrated.
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette spoke with the Penguins captain who says he’s about fed with talks and is ready to start looking at Europe to play.
“I just want to play hockey, so as far as whatever option is best there, I’ll start thinking about it a lot more, because this stuff is getting ridiculous,” Crosby said. “All these games [not being played].”
The “games” he’s referring to, of course, center around what happened in New York City on Thursday when NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr announced the two sides actually had “complete agreement” on many things only to have NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman say moments later the league was pulling their offer off the table.
This process has exasperated Crosby. More from Molinari:
“I think I’m going to try to do what I can,” Crosby said Friday. “But after spending those three days [involved in the talks in New York], I think it’s pretty tough to kind of get guys’ trust back after that.”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)