Dec 8, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
You know the lockout is getting to the players when Sidney Crosby is frustrated.
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette spoke with the Penguins captain who says he’s about fed with talks and is ready to start looking at Europe to play.
“I just want to play hockey, so as far as whatever option is best there, I’ll start thinking about it a lot more, because this stuff is getting ridiculous,” Crosby said. “All these games [not being played].”
The “games” he’s referring to, of course, center around what happened in New York City on Thursday when NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr announced the two sides actually had “complete agreement” on many things only to have NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman say moments later the league was pulling their offer off the table.
This process has exasperated Crosby. More from Molinari:
“I think I’m going to try to do what I can,” Crosby said Friday. “But after spending those three days [involved in the talks in New York], I think it’s pretty tough to kind of get guys’ trust back after that.”
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 27
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 35
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 77
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)