Dec 8, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
You know the lockout is getting to the players when Sidney Crosby is frustrated.
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette spoke with the Penguins captain who says he’s about fed with talks and is ready to start looking at Europe to play.
“I just want to play hockey, so as far as whatever option is best there, I’ll start thinking about it a lot more, because this stuff is getting ridiculous,” Crosby said. “All these games [not being played].”
The “games” he’s referring to, of course, center around what happened in New York City on Thursday when NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr announced the two sides actually had “complete agreement” on many things only to have NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman say moments later the league was pulling their offer off the table.
This process has exasperated Crosby. More from Molinari:
“I think I’m going to try to do what I can,” Crosby said Friday. “But after spending those three days [involved in the talks in New York], I think it’s pretty tough to kind of get guys’ trust back after that.”
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)