Dec 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Mark Wahlberg has been nominated for an Oscar, but he might never get the chance to punch Tie Domi in the face in front of thousands of people.
That’s not for a lack of trying though. Wahlberg was promoting his upcoming movie, Broken City, when he issued a challenge to his old friend, according to Yahoo!’s Puck Daddy.
“Hey, Tie Domi, I’m officially challenging you [to a fight],” Wahlberg said. “Because there’s no hockey, I’m officially challenging you to a fight at the Air Canada Centre. Are you in or not? … Don’t duck me. … We’re gonna have to open the double doors so your head can fit through.”
Wahlberg later added that “all the proceeds, including when I knock his teeth out, we’ll give them all to charity.”
Strong words, but they weren’t enough to convince the retired veteran that accumulated 3,515 penalty minutes in 1,020 games to fight.
Domi ultimately passed on the brawl out of respect for Wahlberg’s “pretty face.”
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)