Dec 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Mark Wahlberg has been nominated for an Oscar, but he might never get the chance to punch Tie Domi in the face in front of thousands of people.
That’s not for a lack of trying though. Wahlberg was promoting his upcoming movie, Broken City, when he issued a challenge to his old friend, according to Yahoo!’s Puck Daddy.
“Hey, Tie Domi, I’m officially challenging you [to a fight],” Wahlberg said. “Because there’s no hockey, I’m officially challenging you to a fight at the Air Canada Centre. Are you in or not? … Don’t duck me. … We’re gonna have to open the double doors so your head can fit through.”
Wahlberg later added that “all the proceeds, including when I knock his teeth out, we’ll give them all to charity.”
Strong words, but they weren’t enough to convince the retired veteran that accumulated 3,515 penalty minutes in 1,020 games to fight.
Domi ultimately passed on the brawl out of respect for Wahlberg’s “pretty face.”
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 63
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 20
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 48
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)