Dec 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Mark Wahlberg has been nominated for an Oscar, but he might never get the chance to punch Tie Domi in the face in front of thousands of people.
That’s not for a lack of trying though. Wahlberg was promoting his upcoming movie, Broken City, when he issued a challenge to his old friend, according to Yahoo!’s Puck Daddy.
“Hey, Tie Domi, I’m officially challenging you [to a fight],” Wahlberg said. “Because there’s no hockey, I’m officially challenging you to a fight at the Air Canada Centre. Are you in or not? … Don’t duck me. … We’re gonna have to open the double doors so your head can fit through.”
Wahlberg later added that “all the proceeds, including when I knock his teeth out, we’ll give them all to charity.”
Strong words, but they weren’t enough to convince the retired veteran that accumulated 3,515 penalty minutes in 1,020 games to fight.
Domi ultimately passed on the brawl out of respect for Wahlberg’s “pretty face.”
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)