Dec 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Mark Wahlberg has been nominated for an Oscar, but he might never get the chance to punch Tie Domi in the face in front of thousands of people.
That’s not for a lack of trying though. Wahlberg was promoting his upcoming movie, Broken City, when he issued a challenge to his old friend, according to Yahoo!’s Puck Daddy.
“Hey, Tie Domi, I’m officially challenging you [to a fight],” Wahlberg said. “Because there’s no hockey, I’m officially challenging you to a fight at the Air Canada Centre. Are you in or not? … Don’t duck me. … We’re gonna have to open the double doors so your head can fit through.”
Wahlberg later added that “all the proceeds, including when I knock his teeth out, we’ll give them all to charity.”
Strong words, but they weren’t enough to convince the retired veteran that accumulated 3,515 penalty minutes in 1,020 games to fight.
Domi ultimately passed on the brawl out of respect for Wahlberg’s “pretty face.”
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 24
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)