Dec 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Mark Wahlberg has been nominated for an Oscar, but he might never get the chance to punch Tie Domi in the face in front of thousands of people.
That’s not for a lack of trying though. Wahlberg was promoting his upcoming movie, Broken City, when he issued a challenge to his old friend, according to Yahoo!’s Puck Daddy.
“Hey, Tie Domi, I’m officially challenging you [to a fight],” Wahlberg said. “Because there’s no hockey, I’m officially challenging you to a fight at the Air Canada Centre. Are you in or not? … Don’t duck me. … We’re gonna have to open the double doors so your head can fit through.”
Wahlberg later added that “all the proceeds, including when I knock his teeth out, we’ll give them all to charity.”
Strong words, but they weren’t enough to convince the retired veteran that accumulated 3,515 penalty minutes in 1,020 games to fight.
Domi ultimately passed on the brawl out of respect for Wahlberg’s “pretty face.”
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 7
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 14
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)