Dec 7, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
After the dramatic collapse of talks on Thursday, it looks like the NHL and union will allow for a bit of a cooling off period.
The two sides will not meet over the weekend, according to Sportsnet’s John Shannon. However, they might still correspond.
NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr presented the owners with an offer on Thursday that he thought might lead to the end of this lockout. Fehr felt that, among other things, there was a complete agreement on “dollars.” However, the owners promptly rejected that offer and disagreed with the notion that the two sides were close.
Bettman accused NHLPA excecutive director Donald Fehr of “spinning us all into an emotional frenzy.” He said that the owners expected the players to give them a yes or no response to the owners demands on three key areas: five-year player contract limits, a “longer the better” CBA, and compliance issues related to transitioning to a new agreement (e.g. buyouts, cap on escrow).
As a result, they did not react favorably to the players choosing to instead present them with a new offer.
The league has pulled the concessions that they made over the past week off the table, including the Make Whole proposal in its entirety.
With that in mind, it is hard to say how much of a gap there will be to close when the two sides finally resume talks.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
He might serve on the Capitals’ third defensive pairing.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He was Arizona’s second pick of the draft after Dylan Strome.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
Kane is under a police investigation.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
They took him under custody from jail and now he’s awaiting a hearing with an immigration judge.
Sep 3, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Can he find a role with the Flames given their deep blueline?
Sep 3, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
“Antti was frustrated after Chicago send him [a] second time [to the] AHL and he told me truly how he felt.”
Sep 3, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
His availability for the season opener is in doubt.
Sep 3, 2015, 2:03 PM EDT
Bruins d-man is using them as motivation for a bounce-back campaign.
Sep 3, 2015, 1:02 PM EDT
This should be good.
Sep 3, 2015, 11:42 AM EDT
Where he worked with — wait for it — current Minnesota starter Devan Dubnyk.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:53 AM EDT
In a shocking development, “money and term” are the sticking points.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:03 AM EDT
He could face up to five years in prison.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
It would mark a record for the sale of a U.S.-based NHL team.
Sep 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
Sep 2, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Bakersfield and Stockton will play in West Sacramento, Calif. on Dec. 18.
Sep 2, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
As many as five teams are reportedly interested in acquiring the 26-year-old.
Sep 2, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
He was expecting a two or three year contract.
Sep 2, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
The 26-year-old refuted an Ilta-Sanomat story.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)