Dec 7, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
Confirmation of that fact came this week as they won the KHL’s best attacker and best defenseman awards, respectively, for the month of November.
Anisimov, 24, scored 6G-6A-12PTS in nine games for Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, finishing the month with a plus-9 rating. Acquired by Columbus in the Rick Nash trade, Anisimov seems to have found his groove after a tough start in the KHL — he only had four points in his first 14 games with Lokomotiv.
Hedman, 20, captured best defenseman honors by recording 10 assists in eight games for Barys, finishing plus-10. The Bolts blueliner has been lighting up the KHL with his playmaking and passing skills — while he’s yet to score a goal, he has 18 assists in 21 games, ranking third among all KHL defensemen (behind Neftekhimik’s Mamashev Renat and Sergei Gonchar, currently plying his trade for Metallurg.)
Recently, Hedman spoke to the Tampa Bay Times about how much he’s enjoying his time in the KHL.
“A great experience,” Hedman said by phone. “I’ve been playing a lot and developing my game. I’m very happy I chose to come here, and I’m very eager to get back to Tampa and prove I’ve gotten better as a player.”
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 13
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 23
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 4
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 62
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 63
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 31
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)