Dec 6, 2012, 12:22 PM EDT
The veteran rearguard no longer appears on the team roster and is believed to be returning to North America in the near future.
Murray, 32, appeared in 14 games for Djurgardens, scoring 1G-2A-3PTS while racking up 36 penalty minutes. The signing received a lot of attention in Sweden as Murray used to play for the club at the junior level before leaving to play prep hockey in North America in 1997 (he’d later play four years at Cornell before signing with the Sharks.)
The timing of Murray’s departure has raised a few eyebrows.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7