Dec 6, 2012, 1:22 AM EST
The NHL and NHLPA wrapped up what turned out to be a marathon session of bargaining very early Thursday morning.
After nearly nine hours of talks, the two sides called it a night just before 1 a.m. ET. Jets defenseman Ron Hainsey spoke briefly upon their conclusion saying, “We had a series of very candid discussions tonight and we plan on meeting again tomorrow.”
With both sides keeping mum about what was discussed and the fact they’re getting back together tomorrow, you can only assume that things have finally gotten serious in regard to making a deal. For now, we’ll all be back on watch to see how things develop tomorrow.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11