Dec 6, 2012, 1:22 AM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA wrapped up what turned out to be a marathon session of bargaining very early Thursday morning.
After nearly nine hours of talks, the two sides called it a night just before 1 a.m. ET. Jets defenseman Ron Hainsey spoke briefly upon their conclusion saying, “We had a series of very candid discussions tonight and we plan on meeting again tomorrow.”
With both sides keeping mum about what was discussed and the fact they’re getting back together tomorrow, you can only assume that things have finally gotten serious in regard to making a deal. For now, we’ll all be back on watch to see how things develop tomorrow.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54