Dec 5, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
On Monday, Dec. 17, the Sharks will give back to San Jose’s hockey-starved masses with a game featuring their ECHL affiliate — at HP Pavilion, the arena affectionately known as “The Tank.”
“We all miss having the game of hockey at HP Pavilion,” Sharks Executive Vice President of Business Operations Malcolm Bordelon told the team website. “This free event is a way for us to say thank you to our loyal and patient fans, while also trying to assist those who have been directly impacted by the labor dispute between the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players’ Association.”
The game will feature the San Francisco Bulls — San Jose’s ECHL team — and the Stockton Thunder, with complimentary access granted to all Sharks season ticket holders.
Here’s more, from the San Jose website:
Before and after the game, all attendees are strongly encouraged to patronize one of downtown San Jose’s businesses to support them during the absence of NHL hockey at HP Pavilion.
In addition, the Sharks Foundation will be hosting a “Toys for Tots” toy drive at the North and South Entrances of HP Pavilion. Guests can bring a new, unwrapped toy or make a monetary donation to support those less fortunate during the holiday season.
All donors will receive a raffle ticket for prize drawings to be held that night.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)