Dec 5, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
On Monday, Dec. 17, the Sharks will give back to San Jose’s hockey-starved masses with a game featuring their ECHL affiliate — at HP Pavilion, the arena affectionately known as “The Tank.”
“We all miss having the game of hockey at HP Pavilion,” Sharks Executive Vice President of Business Operations Malcolm Bordelon told the team website. “This free event is a way for us to say thank you to our loyal and patient fans, while also trying to assist those who have been directly impacted by the labor dispute between the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players’ Association.”
The game will feature the San Francisco Bulls — San Jose’s ECHL team — and the Stockton Thunder, with complimentary access granted to all Sharks season ticket holders.
Here’s more, from the San Jose website:
Before and after the game, all attendees are strongly encouraged to patronize one of downtown San Jose’s businesses to support them during the absence of NHL hockey at HP Pavilion.
In addition, the Sharks Foundation will be hosting a “Toys for Tots” toy drive at the North and South Entrances of HP Pavilion. Guests can bring a new, unwrapped toy or make a monetary donation to support those less fortunate during the holiday season.
All donors will receive a raffle ticket for prize drawings to be held that night.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 42
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)