Dec 5, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
On Monday, Dec. 17, the Sharks will give back to San Jose’s hockey-starved masses with a game featuring their ECHL affiliate — at HP Pavilion, the arena affectionately known as “The Tank.”
“We all miss having the game of hockey at HP Pavilion,” Sharks Executive Vice President of Business Operations Malcolm Bordelon told the team website. “This free event is a way for us to say thank you to our loyal and patient fans, while also trying to assist those who have been directly impacted by the labor dispute between the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players’ Association.”
The game will feature the San Francisco Bulls — San Jose’s ECHL team — and the Stockton Thunder, with complimentary access granted to all Sharks season ticket holders.
Here’s more, from the San Jose website:
Before and after the game, all attendees are strongly encouraged to patronize one of downtown San Jose’s businesses to support them during the absence of NHL hockey at HP Pavilion.
In addition, the Sharks Foundation will be hosting a “Toys for Tots” toy drive at the North and South Entrances of HP Pavilion. Guests can bring a new, unwrapped toy or make a monetary donation to support those less fortunate during the holiday season.
All donors will receive a raffle ticket for prize drawings to be held that night.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63