Dec 5, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
On Monday, Dec. 17, the Sharks will give back to San Jose’s hockey-starved masses with a game featuring their ECHL affiliate — at HP Pavilion, the arena affectionately known as “The Tank.”
“We all miss having the game of hockey at HP Pavilion,” Sharks Executive Vice President of Business Operations Malcolm Bordelon told the team website. “This free event is a way for us to say thank you to our loyal and patient fans, while also trying to assist those who have been directly impacted by the labor dispute between the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players’ Association.”
The game will feature the San Francisco Bulls — San Jose’s ECHL team — and the Stockton Thunder, with complimentary access granted to all Sharks season ticket holders.
Here’s more, from the San Jose website:
Before and after the game, all attendees are strongly encouraged to patronize one of downtown San Jose’s businesses to support them during the absence of NHL hockey at HP Pavilion.
In addition, the Sharks Foundation will be hosting a “Toys for Tots” toy drive at the North and South Entrances of HP Pavilion. Guests can bring a new, unwrapped toy or make a monetary donation to support those less fortunate during the holiday season.
All donors will receive a raffle ticket for prize drawings to be held that night.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (37)