Dec 5, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
On Monday, Dec. 17, the Sharks will give back to San Jose’s hockey-starved masses with a game featuring their ECHL affiliate — at HP Pavilion, the arena affectionately known as “The Tank.”
“We all miss having the game of hockey at HP Pavilion,” Sharks Executive Vice President of Business Operations Malcolm Bordelon told the team website. “This free event is a way for us to say thank you to our loyal and patient fans, while also trying to assist those who have been directly impacted by the labor dispute between the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players’ Association.”
The game will feature the San Francisco Bulls — San Jose’s ECHL team — and the Stockton Thunder, with complimentary access granted to all Sharks season ticket holders.
Here’s more, from the San Jose website:
Before and after the game, all attendees are strongly encouraged to patronize one of downtown San Jose’s businesses to support them during the absence of NHL hockey at HP Pavilion.
In addition, the Sharks Foundation will be hosting a “Toys for Tots” toy drive at the North and South Entrances of HP Pavilion. Guests can bring a new, unwrapped toy or make a monetary donation to support those less fortunate during the holiday season.
All donors will receive a raffle ticket for prize drawings to be held that night.
- Report: Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 0
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 8
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 2
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 22
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)