Dec 5, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Pittsburgh Penguins co-owner Ron Burkle and star Sidney Crosby acted as important “voices of reason” during Tuesday’s CBA meetings, Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.
Despite their shared urge to end the lockout, Rossi reports that Burkle and Crosby aren’t willing to break ranks with their sides altogether. Instead, the goal is to find common ground so that they can strike a deal.
If attempting to do so ruffles some feathers, both Burkle and Crosby indicated it would still be worth the risk.
In addition to the peace-keeping efforts from Burkle and Crosby, Penguins icon/co-owner Mario Lemieux, CEO David Morehouse and Crosby’s agent Pat Brisson have also been trying to work something out this week.
Specifically, Rossi reports that Crosby, Burkle and Lemieux privately discussed ways to find labor peace for weeks and Lemieux has also been brainstorming with figures such as Steve Yzerman.
The two sides still have work to do, yet many might wonder how much credit the Penguins (and especially Crosby) deserves. Puck Daddy’s Greg Wyshynski, for one, writes that “there’s no question [Crosby] deserves credit thus far for his effort.”
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)