NHLPA presents owners with new proposal, awaiting response

Dec 5, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT

Sidney Crosby AP

As expected, the NHLPA presented the NHL with a new proposal today in New York.

The news was first tweeted by TSN’s Aaron Ward.

No proposal specifics have been reported. The division of hockey-related revenues and player contract rights have been the two main issues separating the sides.

Owners are reportedly reviewing the proposal.

Meanwhile, the players and fans wait.

Related: Bettman “pleased with the process that is ongoing”

1. coreydm80 - Dec 5, 2012 at 5:15 PM

One can only hope

2. esracerx46 - Dec 5, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Title could have said NHL NHLPA… nothing new.

3. greatminnesotasportsmind - Dec 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I’m sure this won’t go anywhere either.

4. ducksk - Dec 5, 2012 at 5:25 PM

56 games start 12/20/12

• stakex - Dec 5, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Could be as early as the 15th if things go really well.

5. stangz11 - Dec 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM

And now I will be checking this site twice every three minutes for the next few hours. And I have finals to be studying for…

• stangz11 - Dec 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM

CBSsports is claiming that coaches have been contacting players telling them to get ready to report, and that Bettman wants this done by Friday. Fingers crossed

6. Stiller43 - Dec 5, 2012 at 5:30 PM

One would assume the presentation/offer is even better than the last one that reportedly drastically reduced the overall gap in money, etc. between the two sides. Heres hoping its close enough!

7. id4joey - Dec 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM

If the players can come to terms with the fact they are better off signing for less than losing the whole season we have a chance of seeing hockey. Been saying this since September, but must admit my optimism was dwindling lately. My voices in NY say both sides are acting with a sense of urgency. All are pushing for a dec 20 start date with the regular season extended to late April.

• blomfeld - Dec 5, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Id4joey – Regardless of whether or not this lockout was a sham as I’ve contended, they’ve just got to get this thing done right now ! I’ve also found myself becoming pessimistic recently. Yet I still can’t believe that they’d be willing to kill the season and themselves in the process ? Something’s got to give and it’s got to give now !

8. isithockeyseasonyet - Dec 5, 2012 at 5:41 PM

your voices in new york? you sound like a big deal

• east96st - Dec 5, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Well, he is the lord and protector of his mom’s basement. So, within a very tiny circle, he is a big deal.

9. spochiefsfan - Dec 5, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Maybe said person with “voices in N.Y.” is a big deal… Isn’t that the beauty of an internet alias?

10. blomfeld - Dec 5, 2012 at 5:59 PM

COME ON YOU GUYS AND GET THIS THING DONE ONCE AND FOR ALL !

11. savior72 - Dec 5, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I’m gonna bet they’ll still be too far apart on main issues and progress will fall off the cliff. Shame on both sides, you won’t get another dime from me. No more going to games or merchandise, I’ll just watch it on tv. Maybe.

12. cspsrbums - Dec 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM

The only voices he hears are in his head hae been saying “they are going to sign next week” every week since Sept Id4 you need to go away you keep saying the something every week eventually you will be right

13. cspsrbums - Dec 5, 2012 at 6:10 PM

@i Id4 aren’t you the one who said that the owners and players meeting would be like throwing the players to the wolves and don’t see anything combining out of it. Well here is my one and only prediction. My voices are telling me a deal will be done by this weekend and Hockey will start 2 weeks from then.

14. whatthepuck2012 - Dec 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I like da bum’s voices.

15. id4joey - Dec 5, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Indeed, cspsrbums, however they were represented by Little Fehrie. Yes?

16. id4joey - Dec 5, 2012 at 7:48 PM

cspsrbums, me and many others said they would be eaten alive. And not just commenters, but reporters closer to the the action. What is your point exactly?

17. flyeredup - Dec 5, 2012 at 8:29 PM

BREAKING: idjoey is reporting that sources have told her that if an agreement is made, all face offs to begin the game will be at center ice.

18. dhillca - Dec 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Ldjoey I think the voices aren’t from New York but in ur head man. It’s ok dude we are here for you….
    Intervention!

19. id4joey - Dec 5, 2012 at 10:21 PM

BREAKING: flyerdup is reporting that sources have told it that the NHL will resume playing if they come to an agreement.

20. id4joey - Dec 5, 2012 at 10:22 PM

dhillca, thank you. Please write to me at GeneralLee1175@gmail.com for my intervention.

21. blomfeld - Dec 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

LIGHTEN UP CROSBY !

While there’s no question that Crosby is an incredible talent and the rightful face of the league today, the fact remains that he’s got to change it up in terms of his off-ice persona. This Joe “serious” FBI Agent look is now starting to become a little silly. Absolutely “every” single picture of him or interview that we see, constantly features him trying to appear like some stern “hard-nosed” Federal agent who’s working the case of the century ? What’s up with that and who’s he trying to fool ? As an ardent fan of the LA Kings, I’ve no problem in acknowledging Crosby’s greatness and skill. But please lighten up pal and have some for a change !

• rainyday56 - Dec 6, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Agreed. Everytime Crosby does an interview, he looks like he just sucked his anus up to his adenoids.

Top 10 NHL Player Searches