Dec 5, 2012, 6:14 PM EST
Funny how fast negotiations can move when two sides actually want to make a deal.
No details of either proposal have been reported, but with each side having made a presentation, each side now knows where the other stands.
It’s not clear if owners and players will get together again this evening, or if they’ll retire to their separate corners and sleep on today’s events. (Update: they’ll reportedly talk after dinner.)
According to Sportsnet’s Doug Maclean, both sides are working to get a deal done by Friday.
One other bit of scuttlebutt making the rounds is that the NHL wants a 10-year CBA.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)