Dec 5, 2012, 6:14 PM EST
Funny how fast negotiations can move when two sides actually want to make a deal.
No details of either proposal have been reported, but with each side having made a presentation, each side now knows where the other stands.
It’s not clear if owners and players will get together again this evening, or if they’ll retire to their separate corners and sleep on today’s events. (Update: they’ll reportedly talk after dinner.)
According to Sportsnet’s Doug Maclean, both sides are working to get a deal done by Friday.
One other bit of scuttlebutt making the rounds is that the NHL wants a 10-year CBA.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2