Dec 5, 2012, 6:14 PM EST
Funny how fast negotiations can move when two sides actually want to make a deal.
No details of either proposal have been reported, but with each side having made a presentation, each side now knows where the other stands.
It’s not clear if owners and players will get together again this evening, or if they’ll retire to their separate corners and sleep on today’s events. (Update: they’ll reportedly talk after dinner.)
According to Sportsnet’s Doug Maclean, both sides are working to get a deal done by Friday.
One other bit of scuttlebutt making the rounds is that the NHL wants a 10-year CBA.
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 6
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3