Dec 5, 2012, 6:14 PM EST
Funny how fast negotiations can move when two sides actually want to make a deal.
No details of either proposal have been reported, but with each side having made a presentation, each side now knows where the other stands.
It’s not clear if owners and players will get together again this evening, or if they’ll retire to their separate corners and sleep on today’s events. (Update: they’ll reportedly talk after dinner.)
According to Sportsnet’s Doug Maclean, both sides are working to get a deal done by Friday.
One other bit of scuttlebutt making the rounds is that the NHL wants a 10-year CBA.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)