Dec 5, 2012, 12:52 PM EDT
Alexander Burmistrov‘s upper-body injury might be serious, or it might be nothing.
Either way, the Jets aren’t taking any chances.
On Tuesday, Burmistrov was summoned back to Winnipeg from AHL St. John’s to be evaluated by the Jets’ medical staff — here’s more, from Ed Tait at the Winnipeg Free Press:
The extent of the injury is not known, but an IceCaps spokesman said Tuesday night that with a four-day break in the schedule before the club returns to the ice again Friday night in St. John’s against Springfield, the team opted to have Burmistrov checked out by the Jets medical staff.
Burmistrov’s arrival in Winnipeg became public when he used his Instagram account to post a picture of his airline ticket here.
The 21-year-old Russian has been mediocre during his first-ever stint in the American league. While he’s managed to appear in all 22 games, he’s only posted 2G-9A-11PTS — though, to be fair, the IceCaps aren’t exactly an offensive juggernaut.
St. John’s leading scorers are Spencer Machacek (13 points), Derek Meech (13 points) and Jason Jaffray (12 points), and the team has scored the seventh-fewest goals in the AHL this season.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)