Dec 5, 2012, 12:52 PM EDT
Alexander Burmistrov‘s upper-body injury might be serious, or it might be nothing.
Either way, the Jets aren’t taking any chances.
On Tuesday, Burmistrov was summoned back to Winnipeg from AHL St. John’s to be evaluated by the Jets’ medical staff — here’s more, from Ed Tait at the Winnipeg Free Press:
The extent of the injury is not known, but an IceCaps spokesman said Tuesday night that with a four-day break in the schedule before the club returns to the ice again Friday night in St. John’s against Springfield, the team opted to have Burmistrov checked out by the Jets medical staff.
Burmistrov’s arrival in Winnipeg became public when he used his Instagram account to post a picture of his airline ticket here.
The 21-year-old Russian has been mediocre during his first-ever stint in the American league. While he’s managed to appear in all 22 games, he’s only posted 2G-9A-11PTS — though, to be fair, the IceCaps aren’t exactly an offensive juggernaut.
St. John’s leading scorers are Spencer Machacek (13 points), Derek Meech (13 points) and Jason Jaffray (12 points), and the team has scored the seventh-fewest goals in the AHL this season.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 1
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 2
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 33
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)