Dec 5, 2012, 12:21 AM EST
Better yet, the two sides are expected to meet again on Wednesday morning according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, although they’ll likely need to tiptoe around the 11 am ET Board of Governors meetings.
Overall, the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli reports that today’s meetings lasted about eight hours.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is primed to hold a press conference tomorrow around 1 pm ET, but that was scheduled before the talks came about.
Stay tuned for reactions from both camps shortly, although those will probably be in a different format for an interesting reason: Bill Daly and Steve Fehr held a press conference together for the first time on Tuesday night.
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 0
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 2
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 12
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 82
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)