Dec 5, 2012, 12:21 AM EST
Better yet, the two sides are expected to meet again on Wednesday morning according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, although they’ll likely need to tiptoe around the 11 am ET Board of Governors meetings.
Overall, the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli reports that today’s meetings lasted about eight hours.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is primed to hold a press conference tomorrow around 1 pm ET, but that was scheduled before the talks came about.
Stay tuned for reactions from both camps shortly, although those will probably be in a different format for an interesting reason: Bill Daly and Steve Fehr held a press conference together for the first time on Tuesday night.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)