Dec 5, 2012, 12:21 AM EDT
Better yet, the two sides are expected to meet again on Wednesday morning according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, although they’ll likely need to tiptoe around the 11 am ET Board of Governors meetings.
Overall, the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli reports that today’s meetings lasted about eight hours.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is primed to hold a press conference tomorrow around 1 pm ET, but that was scheduled before the talks came about.
Stay tuned for reactions from both camps shortly, although those will probably be in a different format for an interesting reason: Bill Daly and Steve Fehr held a press conference together for the first time on Tuesday night.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)