Dec 5, 2012, 12:21 AM EST
Better yet, the two sides are expected to meet again on Wednesday morning according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, although they’ll likely need to tiptoe around the 11 am ET Board of Governors meetings.
Overall, the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli reports that today’s meetings lasted about eight hours.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is primed to hold a press conference tomorrow around 1 pm ET, but that was scheduled before the talks came about.
Stay tuned for reactions from both camps shortly, although those will probably be in a different format for an interesting reason: Bill Daly and Steve Fehr held a press conference together for the first time on Tuesday night.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14