Dec 5, 2012, 2:13 PM EST
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman walked up to the podium following this morning’s Board of Governors meeting in New York, said he “was pleased with the process that is ongoing,” and that “out of respect for the process” he had no further comment on negotiations between owners and players.
And then he walked away.
The commissioner’s brief update was seen as a sign that progress is being made in CBA talks.
Similar remarks were made by those who attended the BOG meeting.
“We feel good about the information we got,” said Columbus executive John Davidson, as per Helene Elliott of the LA Times.
“We’re going to continue to talk up until we get a deal,” said MLSE (Leafs) chairman Larry Tanenbaum, as per Yahoo!’s Nick Cotsonikas.
When asked if he was confident an agreement could be struck in the next few days, Tanenbaum replied, “As long as we’re talking, we’re hopeful.”
Next up is this afternoon’s players-owners meeting in which the players are expected to make a presentation to the owners.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 52
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (52)