Dec 4, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Switzerland’s National League “A” continued to stockpile NHL talent on Monday as Dallas Stars forward Loui Eriksson agreed to a lockout deal with HC Davos.
Later this month, the club will host the annual Spengler Cup, a prestigious six-team tournament featuring some of Europe’s finest clubs (and the Canadian National Team).
The 2012 Spengler will take place from Dec. 26-31 with Davos, Team Canada, Germany’s Adler Mannheim, Switzerland’s Fribourg-Gotteron, the Czech Republic’s HC Vitkovice Steel and Russia’s Salavat Yulaev Ufa all competing.
As for Eriksson…
The 27-year-old is coming off another stellar campaign in Dallas, having led the team in assists (45), points (71), plus-minus (plus-18) and shorthanded goals (two). He finished fifth in voting among left wingers for the All-NHL teams and fourth in voting for the 2012 Lady Byng trophy.
Now he’s set to join a Davos club that, despite the influx of NHL talent, has struggled this season. Davos currently sits in eighth place in the 12-team National League “A”, 13-points back of first-place Geneve-Servette.
Jul 23, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Jim Benning, making deals.
Jul 23, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
“Any of the perceived animosity came from the outside.”
Jul 23, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
His previously “yet-to-be-determined capacity” has been determined.
Jul 23, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
“My style and build might be better against the bigger guys.”
Jul 23, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Won a couple of Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jul 23, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
Had seven goals with 21 assists last year for the Avs.
Jul 23, 2014, 10:23 AM EDT
The 23-year-old can now become an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2016.
Jul 23, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
Derick Brassard and John Moore to go.
Jul 23, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Barry Trotz continues Adam Oates’ alteration, at least for now.
Jul 23, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Wednesday’s delectable spread of links.
Jul 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
They locked him up to a four-year deal on Tuesday.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
He spent last season playing in Switzerland.
Jul 22, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
The Cuban-American could help market the sport.
Jul 22, 2014, 7:38 PM EDT
Turning over a new leaf?
Jul 22, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
That’s $1 million less than his reported asking price.
Jul 22, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
It’s believed to be worth $2.55 million overall.
Jul 22, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
Another buy-low bargain like Mason Raymond?
Jul 22, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Jul 22, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Also went to bat for Jumbo Joe.
Jul 22, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
Coming off an impressive rookie season.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 25
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 26
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)