Dec 4, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Switzerland’s National League “A” continued to stockpile NHL talent on Monday as Dallas Stars forward Loui Eriksson agreed to a lockout deal with HC Davos.
Later this month, the club will host the annual Spengler Cup, a prestigious six-team tournament featuring some of Europe’s finest clubs (and the Canadian National Team).
The 2012 Spengler will take place from Dec. 26-31 with Davos, Team Canada, Germany’s Adler Mannheim, Switzerland’s Fribourg-Gotteron, the Czech Republic’s HC Vitkovice Steel and Russia’s Salavat Yulaev Ufa all competing.
As for Eriksson…
The 27-year-old is coming off another stellar campaign in Dallas, having led the team in assists (45), points (71), plus-minus (plus-18) and shorthanded goals (two). He finished fifth in voting among left wingers for the All-NHL teams and fourth in voting for the 2012 Lady Byng trophy.
Now he’s set to join a Davos club that, despite the influx of NHL talent, has struggled this season. Davos currently sits in eighth place in the 12-team National League “A”, 13-points back of first-place Geneve-Servette.
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 84
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (84)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)