Dec 4, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Switzerland’s National League “A” continued to stockpile NHL talent on Monday as Dallas Stars forward Loui Eriksson agreed to a lockout deal with HC Davos.
Later this month, the club will host the annual Spengler Cup, a prestigious six-team tournament featuring some of Europe’s finest clubs (and the Canadian National Team).
The 2012 Spengler will take place from Dec. 26-31 with Davos, Team Canada, Germany’s Adler Mannheim, Switzerland’s Fribourg-Gotteron, the Czech Republic’s HC Vitkovice Steel and Russia’s Salavat Yulaev Ufa all competing.
As for Eriksson…
The 27-year-old is coming off another stellar campaign in Dallas, having led the team in assists (45), points (71), plus-minus (plus-18) and shorthanded goals (two). He finished fifth in voting among left wingers for the All-NHL teams and fourth in voting for the 2012 Lady Byng trophy.
Now he’s set to join a Davos club that, despite the influx of NHL talent, has struggled this season. Davos currently sits in eighth place in the 12-team National League “A”, 13-points back of first-place Geneve-Servette.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)