Dec 4, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Switzerland’s National League “A” continued to stockpile NHL talent on Monday as Dallas Stars forward Loui Eriksson agreed to a lockout deal with HC Davos.
Later this month, the club will host the annual Spengler Cup, a prestigious six-team tournament featuring some of Europe’s finest clubs (and the Canadian National Team).
The 2012 Spengler will take place from Dec. 26-31 with Davos, Team Canada, Germany’s Adler Mannheim, Switzerland’s Fribourg-Gotteron, the Czech Republic’s HC Vitkovice Steel and Russia’s Salavat Yulaev Ufa all competing.
As for Eriksson…
The 27-year-old is coming off another stellar campaign in Dallas, having led the team in assists (45), points (71), plus-minus (plus-18) and shorthanded goals (two). He finished fifth in voting among left wingers for the All-NHL teams and fourth in voting for the 2012 Lady Byng trophy.
Now he’s set to join a Davos club that, despite the influx of NHL talent, has struggled this season. Davos currently sits in eighth place in the 12-team National League “A”, 13-points back of first-place Geneve-Servette.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 24
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 48
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 80
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires