Dec 4, 2012, 8:52 PM EDT
Months after undergoing hip surgery in mid-July, Andreas Lilja looks set for a conditioning stint in the AHL, according to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News.
The Philadelphia Flyers blueliner is expected to practice with the Adirondack Phantoms, but not play in any games for the team’s affiliate.
He’s currently still collecting checks from the team – this season’s salary is $700K – as a player who was still injured as the lockout began. If he’s eventually cleared, he’d feel the lockout pinch like most NHL players.
Injuries and other issues have kept Lilja from getting anywhere close to 82 games played in a recent regular season; he’s missed a lot of time since playing in 60 games in 2008-09 and 79 in 07-08.
Lilja played 46 games in his first campaign with the Flyers last season, collecting six assists, 34 penalty minutes and a +9 rating.
The former Detroit Red Wings defenseman eventually needs to impress if NHL action starts up again because he’s in the last year of his current deal.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)