Dec 4, 2012, 8:52 PM EST
Months after undergoing hip surgery in mid-July, Andreas Lilja looks set for a conditioning stint in the AHL, according to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News.
The Philadelphia Flyers blueliner is expected to practice with the Adirondack Phantoms, but not play in any games for the team’s affiliate.
He’s currently still collecting checks from the team – this season’s salary is $700K – as a player who was still injured as the lockout began. If he’s eventually cleared, he’d feel the lockout pinch like most NHL players.
Injuries and other issues have kept Lilja from getting anywhere close to 82 games played in a recent regular season; he’s missed a lot of time since playing in 60 games in 2008-09 and 79 in 07-08.
Lilja played 46 games in his first campaign with the Flyers last season, collecting six assists, 34 penalty minutes and a +9 rating.
The former Detroit Red Wings defenseman eventually needs to impress if NHL action starts up again because he’s in the last year of his current deal.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (146)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)