Havlat discusses health after returning to Bay Area

Dec 4, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT

Comments Off on Havlat discusses health after returning to Bay Area
martinhavlatgetty Getty Images

Martin Havlat is back in California after spending a few months in his native Czech Republic, and he told CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz that last season’s hamstring injury is all healed up.

“I feel great,” Havlat said. “I was ready to go in September and I am ready to go now.”

The fragile winger returned to the United States to help take care of his new baby girl Tereza, not because of extended health issues. He was limited to just 39 games last season, one of four campaigns where he played in fewer than 60 contests.

Moving on, Havlat dished on a few pertinent topics, beginning with his positive outlook about the lockout ending.

“In [1994-95] they started in January, so we have, let’s say a month and a half left until we know what’s going to happen. I believe still that we’re going to play,” Havlat said. “I believe in what we’re doing and what we stand for, and I believe in Don Fehr.”

Closing things out, Havlat also spoke glowingly about his agent Allan Walsh, who has been frequently outspoken on Twitter during the work stoppage.

“I know what he’s doing, and what he’s writing,” Havlat said. “I talk to him a lot, too. I think it’s been great. Unfortunately, he might be the only agent speaking out and supporting the players. It would be nice if we get some help, but he’s been great. He’s doing a great job not just for his own players, but for the whole group of players.”

Latest Posts
  1. Agent: Kruger ‘will be patient’ with Chicago’s cap situation

Jul 28, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT

Marcus Kruger Getty Images

25-year-old didn’t file for arbitration, hoping instead to sign a long-term contract.

2. Report: Antropov mulling NHL return

Jul 27, 2015, 9:29 PM EDT

Nik Antropov Getty Images

But are any teams mulling his return?

3. Mayers returning to ‘Hawks in front office role

Jul 27, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT

jamalmayersgetty Getty Images

Where he’ll work as a community liaison.

4. ‘I don’t want to play in the AHL next year,’ says Detroit’s Callahan

Jul 27, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT

MitchCallahan Getty Images

24-year-old forward would require waivers to be sent down…

5. Still unsigned, Briere contemplating retirement

Jul 27, 2015, 5:22 PM EDT

Vancouver Canucks v Colorado Avalanche Vancouver Canucks v Colorado Avalanche

“I’ll have to start thinking about it more and more in the next couple of weeks.”

6. Avs ink former first-rounder Hishon to one-year deal

Jul 27, 2015, 3:26 PM EDT

Hishon2 Getty Images

Looking to become a full-time NHLer after suffering a series of injuries at the start his pro career.

7. Devils GM: Larsson has ‘only scratched the surface’ of his potential

Jul 27, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT

Adam Larsson AP

He calls it the six-year, $25 million contract “good for both sides.”

8. Soderberg didn’t hesitate in signing with Avs

Jul 26, 2015, 9:57 PM EDT

Boston Bruins v Detroit Red Wings Getty Images

Playing between Gabriel Landeskog and Nathan MacKinnon would excite plenty of people.

Top 10 NHL Player Searches