Dec 4, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
“I feel great,” Havlat said. “I was ready to go in September and I am ready to go now.”
The fragile winger returned to the United States to help take care of his new baby girl Tereza, not because of extended health issues. He was limited to just 39 games last season, one of four campaigns where he played in fewer than 60 contests.
Moving on, Havlat dished on a few pertinent topics, beginning with his positive outlook about the lockout ending.
“In [1994-95] they started in January, so we have, let’s say a month and a half left until we know what’s going to happen. I believe still that we’re going to play,” Havlat said. “I believe in what we’re doing and what we stand for, and I believe in Don Fehr.”
Closing things out, Havlat also spoke glowingly about his agent Allan Walsh, who has been frequently outspoken on Twitter during the work stoppage.
“I know what he’s doing, and what he’s writing,” Havlat said. “I talk to him a lot, too. I think it’s been great. Unfortunately, he might be the only agent speaking out and supporting the players. It would be nice if we get some help, but he’s been great. He’s doing a great job not just for his own players, but for the whole group of players.”
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 11
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)