Dec 4, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
“I feel great,” Havlat said. “I was ready to go in September and I am ready to go now.”
The fragile winger returned to the United States to help take care of his new baby girl Tereza, not because of extended health issues. He was limited to just 39 games last season, one of four campaigns where he played in fewer than 60 contests.
Moving on, Havlat dished on a few pertinent topics, beginning with his positive outlook about the lockout ending.
“In [1994-95] they started in January, so we have, let’s say a month and a half left until we know what’s going to happen. I believe still that we’re going to play,” Havlat said. “I believe in what we’re doing and what we stand for, and I believe in Don Fehr.”
Closing things out, Havlat also spoke glowingly about his agent Allan Walsh, who has been frequently outspoken on Twitter during the work stoppage.
“I know what he’s doing, and what he’s writing,” Havlat said. “I talk to him a lot, too. I think it’s been great. Unfortunately, he might be the only agent speaking out and supporting the players. It would be nice if we get some help, but he’s been great. He’s doing a great job not just for his own players, but for the whole group of players.”
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)