Dec 4, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
“I feel great,” Havlat said. “I was ready to go in September and I am ready to go now.”
The fragile winger returned to the United States to help take care of his new baby girl Tereza, not because of extended health issues. He was limited to just 39 games last season, one of four campaigns where he played in fewer than 60 contests.
Moving on, Havlat dished on a few pertinent topics, beginning with his positive outlook about the lockout ending.
“In [1994-95] they started in January, so we have, let’s say a month and a half left until we know what’s going to happen. I believe still that we’re going to play,” Havlat said. “I believe in what we’re doing and what we stand for, and I believe in Don Fehr.”
Closing things out, Havlat also spoke glowingly about his agent Allan Walsh, who has been frequently outspoken on Twitter during the work stoppage.
“I know what he’s doing, and what he’s writing,” Havlat said. “I talk to him a lot, too. I think it’s been great. Unfortunately, he might be the only agent speaking out and supporting the players. It would be nice if we get some help, but he’s been great. He’s doing a great job not just for his own players, but for the whole group of players.”
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 17
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 32
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)