Dec 4, 2012, 10:37 PM EDT
Tuesday’s players-owners meeting is extending deep into the night, but Sportsnet’s announcement that Gary Bettman will hold a Wednesday afternoon press conference might not mean as much as some believe.
The reason is simple: Bettman’s 1 pm ET presser was already planned before Tuesday’s meeting (which excluded NHL commissioner and NHLPA head Donald Fehr). It was planned in advance to coincide with the end of tomorrow’s Board of Governors meeting, according to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
Now, there is the chance that Bettman could have an important announcement, too. It all depends upon how discussions go.
It’s anyone’s guess how much closer things could be to an end, although one anonymous player told the Sports Business Journal’s Chris Botta that the meetings haven’t been a waste of time, either.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)