Dec 4, 2012, 10:37 PM EDT
Tuesday’s players-owners meeting is extending deep into the night, but Sportsnet’s announcement that Gary Bettman will hold a Wednesday afternoon press conference might not mean as much as some believe.
The reason is simple: Bettman’s 1 pm ET presser was already planned before Tuesday’s meeting (which excluded NHL commissioner and NHLPA head Donald Fehr). It was planned in advance to coincide with the end of tomorrow’s Board of Governors meeting, according to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
Now, there is the chance that Bettman could have an important announcement, too. It all depends upon how discussions go.
It’s anyone’s guess how much closer things could be to an end, although one anonymous player told the Sports Business Journal’s Chris Botta that the meetings haven’t been a waste of time, either.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 9
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 81
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (81)