Dec 4, 2012, 10:37 PM EDT
Tuesday’s players-owners meeting is extending deep into the night, but Sportsnet’s announcement that Gary Bettman will hold a Wednesday afternoon press conference might not mean as much as some believe.
The reason is simple: Bettman’s 1 pm ET presser was already planned before Tuesday’s meeting (which excluded NHL commissioner and NHLPA head Donald Fehr). It was planned in advance to coincide with the end of tomorrow’s Board of Governors meeting, according to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
Now, there is the chance that Bettman could have an important announcement, too. It all depends upon how discussions go.
It’s anyone’s guess how much closer things could be to an end, although one anonymous player told the Sports Business Journal’s Chris Botta that the meetings haven’t been a waste of time, either.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18