Dec 3, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
Two weeks removed from his short stint with Dinamo Minsk, Evander Kane is reflecting on his time in the KHL.
He’s just not reflecting on it with fondness.
“It didn’t work out,” Kane told the Winnipeg Free Press. “You play six minutes a night and they want you to score three goals a game.”
Kane played 12 games for the Belarusian club, registering just one point while finishing with a minus-8 rating.
And that wasn’t even the worst of it.
Despite all this, Kane did claim some positives. He said it was a good experience to see “what happens over there and how it works,” and called the Minsk fans some of the best in the KHL.
But it sounds as though Kane was always uncomfortable overseas. Aside from ex-Jet Tim Stapleton and a pair of fellow locked-out NHLers in Pekka Rinne and Joe Pavelski, not much was familiar to the young power forward.
“There were some long days in the hotel room,” Kane said. “You can’t watch TV. I don’t think I even turned on my TV the entire time I was over there. I watched movies and downloaded shows for the laptop.
“It wasn’t the most positive experience, but it was an experience for me.”
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)