Dec 3, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
Two weeks removed from his short stint with Dinamo Minsk, Evander Kane is reflecting on his time in the KHL.
He’s just not reflecting on it with fondness.
“It didn’t work out,” Kane told the Winnipeg Free Press. “You play six minutes a night and they want you to score three goals a game.”
Kane played 12 games for the Belarusian club, registering just one point while finishing with a minus-8 rating.
And that wasn’t even the worst of it.
Despite all this, Kane did claim some positives. He said it was a good experience to see “what happens over there and how it works,” and called the Minsk fans some of the best in the KHL.
But it sounds as though Kane was always uncomfortable overseas. Aside from ex-Jet Tim Stapleton and a pair of fellow locked-out NHLers in Pekka Rinne and Joe Pavelski, not much was familiar to the young power forward.
“There were some long days in the hotel room,” Kane said. “You can’t watch TV. I don’t think I even turned on my TV the entire time I was over there. I watched movies and downloaded shows for the laptop.
“It wasn’t the most positive experience, but it was an experience for me.”
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 3
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 14
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 7
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 54
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination