Dec 3, 2012, 3:54 PM EST
Two weeks removed from his short stint with Dinamo Minsk, Evander Kane is reflecting on his time in the KHL.
He’s just not reflecting on it with fondness.
“It didn’t work out,” Kane told the Winnipeg Free Press. “You play six minutes a night and they want you to score three goals a game.”
Kane played 12 games for the Belarusian club, registering just one point while finishing with a minus-8 rating.
And that wasn’t even the worst of it.
Despite all this, Kane did claim some positives. He said it was a good experience to see “what happens over there and how it works,” and called the Minsk fans some of the best in the KHL.
But it sounds as though Kane was always uncomfortable overseas. Aside from ex-Jet Tim Stapleton and a pair of fellow locked-out NHLers in Pekka Rinne and Joe Pavelski, not much was familiar to the young power forward.
“There were some long days in the hotel room,” Kane said. “You can’t watch TV. I don’t think I even turned on my TV the entire time I was over there. I watched movies and downloaded shows for the laptop.
“It wasn’t the most positive experience, but it was an experience for me.”
- Flames place Giordano on IR 0
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 25
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 59
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (95)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)