Dec 3, 2012, 7:49 PM EDT
The Oklahoma City Barons aren’t dominating the AHL standings quite like some expected, but key pieces of the Edmonton Oilers’ future are shining strong.
Eberle scored 21 points (10 goals, 11 assists) in just 13 games. Oklahoma City prospered when he made his way onto scoreboard; the team went 6-1-1 when he produced a point in November.
One could make an argument that Schultz had a strong argument for player of the month – not just the rookie designation – though.
Schultz generated two fewer points, but he’s a defenseman. He also leads the league in overall scoring with 31 points in 20 games (four more than Eberle’s 27).
Either way, the two young players demonstrate why people expected the Barons to run rampant during the lockout. If the AHL playoffs began on Monday, they’d only be the fourth seed in the West, but the team’s biggest names are coming through.
(In case you’re wondering, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton’s Jeff Zatkoff rounded out the November AHL winners by garnering goalie of the month honors.)
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 26
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 14
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 30
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 24
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 18
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 75
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 103
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (103)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement