Dec 3, 2012, 7:49 PM EDT
The Oklahoma City Barons aren’t dominating the AHL standings quite like some expected, but key pieces of the Edmonton Oilers’ future are shining strong.
Eberle scored 21 points (10 goals, 11 assists) in just 13 games. Oklahoma City prospered when he made his way onto scoreboard; the team went 6-1-1 when he produced a point in November.
One could make an argument that Schultz had a strong argument for player of the month – not just the rookie designation – though.
Schultz generated two fewer points, but he’s a defenseman. He also leads the league in overall scoring with 31 points in 20 games (four more than Eberle’s 27).
Either way, the two young players demonstrate why people expected the Barons to run rampant during the lockout. If the AHL playoffs began on Monday, they’d only be the fourth seed in the West, but the team’s biggest names are coming through.
(In case you’re wondering, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton’s Jeff Zatkoff rounded out the November AHL winners by garnering goalie of the month honors.)
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)