Dec 3, 2012, 7:49 PM EDT
The Oklahoma City Barons aren’t dominating the AHL standings quite like some expected, but key pieces of the Edmonton Oilers’ future are shining strong.
Eberle scored 21 points (10 goals, 11 assists) in just 13 games. Oklahoma City prospered when he made his way onto scoreboard; the team went 6-1-1 when he produced a point in November.
One could make an argument that Schultz had a strong argument for player of the month – not just the rookie designation – though.
Schultz generated two fewer points, but he’s a defenseman. He also leads the league in overall scoring with 31 points in 20 games (four more than Eberle’s 27).
Either way, the two young players demonstrate why people expected the Barons to run rampant during the lockout. If the AHL playoffs began on Monday, they’d only be the fourth seed in the West, but the team’s biggest names are coming through.
(In case you’re wondering, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton’s Jeff Zatkoff rounded out the November AHL winners by garnering goalie of the month honors.)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 0
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (43)