Dec 3, 2012, 3:20 PM EST
The NHLPA hasn’t officially said which players will meet with six owners Tuesday afternoon in New York, but two likely attendees include Sidney Crosby and Jonathan Toews, according to the Canadian Press.
Both players are expected to be in New York tomorrow.
It goes without saying that Crosby’s participation in the stalled CBA negotiations, to be held without NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and union chief Donald Fehr, would be significant. The 25-year-old Pittsburgh captain, arguably hockey’s biggest star, hasn’t been hesitant to share his opinion on the lockout.
It’s also worth noting that Pittsburgh owner Ron Burkle is one of the six owners slated to be there. In June, Crosby signed a 12-year, $104.4 million contract extension with the Penguins.
Toews has been equally, if not more, critical of the league’s demands.
“We saw what the (owners) did in ’04-05, and who knows if they’re willing to do that again,” the 24-year-0ld Blackhawks captain said in September. “To me, it’s just carelessness. It’s them just trying to show everyone that they’re the owners and they’re the league. They can do whatever they want.”
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 35
- Mike Richards clears waivers 31
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 55
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)