Dec 3, 2012, 3:20 PM EST
The NHLPA hasn’t officially said which players will meet with six owners Tuesday afternoon in New York, but two likely attendees include Sidney Crosby and Jonathan Toews, according to the Canadian Press.
Both players are expected to be in New York tomorrow.
It goes without saying that Crosby’s participation in the stalled CBA negotiations, to be held without NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and union chief Donald Fehr, would be significant. The 25-year-old Pittsburgh captain, arguably hockey’s biggest star, hasn’t been hesitant to share his opinion on the lockout.
It’s also worth noting that Pittsburgh owner Ron Burkle is one of the six owners slated to be there. In June, Crosby signed a 12-year, $104.4 million contract extension with the Penguins.
Toews has been equally, if not more, critical of the league’s demands.
“We saw what the (owners) did in ’04-05, and who knows if they’re willing to do that again,” the 24-year-0ld Blackhawks captain said in September. “To me, it’s just carelessness. It’s them just trying to show everyone that they’re the owners and they’re the league. They can do whatever they want.”
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 0
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 2
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 6
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 101
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 128
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (128)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (101)