Dec 3, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
The NHLPA hasn’t officially said which players will meet with six owners Tuesday afternoon in New York, but two likely attendees include Sidney Crosby and Jonathan Toews, according to the Canadian Press.
Both players are expected to be in New York tomorrow.
It goes without saying that Crosby’s participation in the stalled CBA negotiations, to be held without NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and union chief Donald Fehr, would be significant. The 25-year-old Pittsburgh captain, arguably hockey’s biggest star, hasn’t been hesitant to share his opinion on the lockout.
It’s also worth noting that Pittsburgh owner Ron Burkle is one of the six owners slated to be there. In June, Crosby signed a 12-year, $104.4 million contract extension with the Penguins.
Toews has been equally, if not more, critical of the league’s demands.
“We saw what the (owners) did in ’04-05, and who knows if they’re willing to do that again,” the 24-year-0ld Blackhawks captain said in September. “To me, it’s just carelessness. It’s them just trying to show everyone that they’re the owners and they’re the league. They can do whatever they want.”
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 12
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 13
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 31
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)