Dec 3, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
The NHLPA hasn’t officially said which players will meet with six owners Tuesday afternoon in New York, but two likely attendees include Sidney Crosby and Jonathan Toews, according to the Canadian Press.
Both players are expected to be in New York tomorrow.
It goes without saying that Crosby’s participation in the stalled CBA negotiations, to be held without NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and union chief Donald Fehr, would be significant. The 25-year-old Pittsburgh captain, arguably hockey’s biggest star, hasn’t been hesitant to share his opinion on the lockout.
It’s also worth noting that Pittsburgh owner Ron Burkle is one of the six owners slated to be there. In June, Crosby signed a 12-year, $104.4 million contract extension with the Penguins.
Toews has been equally, if not more, critical of the league’s demands.
“We saw what the (owners) did in ’04-05, and who knows if they’re willing to do that again,” the 24-year-0ld Blackhawks captain said in September. “To me, it’s just carelessness. It’s them just trying to show everyone that they’re the owners and they’re the league. They can do whatever they want.”
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)