Dec 3, 2012, 3:20 PM EST
The NHLPA hasn’t officially said which players will meet with six owners Tuesday afternoon in New York, but two likely attendees include Sidney Crosby and Jonathan Toews, according to the Canadian Press.
Both players are expected to be in New York tomorrow.
It goes without saying that Crosby’s participation in the stalled CBA negotiations, to be held without NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and union chief Donald Fehr, would be significant. The 25-year-old Pittsburgh captain, arguably hockey’s biggest star, hasn’t been hesitant to share his opinion on the lockout.
It’s also worth noting that Pittsburgh owner Ron Burkle is one of the six owners slated to be there. In June, Crosby signed a 12-year, $104.4 million contract extension with the Penguins.
Toews has been equally, if not more, critical of the league’s demands.
“We saw what the (owners) did in ’04-05, and who knows if they’re willing to do that again,” the 24-year-0ld Blackhawks captain said in September. “To me, it’s just carelessness. It’s them just trying to show everyone that they’re the owners and they’re the league. They can do whatever they want.”
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 23
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 21
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 66
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (133)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (66)