Dec 2, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
John Tortorella can be a bit terse – especially following a playoff hockey game – but he went fairly in-depth while discussing the Hurricane Sandy relief efforts he helped to provide on Nov. 29.
Blueshirts United’s Jim Cerny reports that Tortorella gathered with New York Rangers alumni Dave Maloney, Adam Graves, Rod Gilbert, Ron Greschner, and Gilles Villemure to aid those affected by the storm.
Here’s video of Tortorella’s reactions.
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 51
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 21
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 11
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 98
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 40
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Cooke to play 1,000th game tomorrow (56)