Dec 2, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
John Tortorella can be a bit terse – especially following a playoff hockey game – but he went fairly in-depth while discussing the Hurricane Sandy relief efforts he helped to provide on Nov. 29.
Blueshirts United’s Jim Cerny reports that Tortorella gathered with New York Rangers alumni Dave Maloney, Adam Graves, Rod Gilbert, Ron Greschner, and Gilles Villemure to aid those affected by the storm.
Here’s video of Tortorella’s reactions.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 8
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 3
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)