Dec 2, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
Like so many other locked-out NHLers, Drew Miller has decided to take his talents to Europe while the CBA negotiations are ongoing. The only thing that makes Miller’s case unique is that he decided to play for the the Braehead Clan, a Scottish club that plays in the UK Elite League.
In the NHL, Miller has made a career out of being a reliable bottom-six forward, but listening to Clan boss Jordan Krestanovich describe him, Miller sounds more like a hero in Scotland.
“Drew has been awesome since he arrived in Scotland,” Krestanovich said, according to the Paisley Daily Express.
“On the ice, he’s put in some great performances and really showed what a star he is.”
Miller had a hat trick in the Clan’s 7-2 victory over the Hull Stingrays on Thursday, which Krestanovich described as “incredible.” Miller has averaged over a point-per-game in the league.
Krestanovich also spoke of the great influence Miller has had on his teammates and confessed that he hopes the lockout continues so that Miller will stay longer.
“It’s a tough situation for Drew as no-one knows what to expect but, while they fail to reach an agreement, we are happy to have him,” Krestanovich added.
If this lockout ends in time to save the NHL season, Miller will report to the Detroit Red Wings, where his services are likely to be appreciated — although perhaps not on the same level as they are with the Clan.
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 4
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 10
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)