Dec 2, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Like so many other locked-out NHLers, Drew Miller has decided to take his talents to Europe while the CBA negotiations are ongoing. The only thing that makes Miller’s case unique is that he decided to play for the the Braehead Clan, a Scottish club that plays in the UK Elite League.
In the NHL, Miller has made a career out of being a reliable bottom-six forward, but listening to Clan boss Jordan Krestanovich describe him, Miller sounds more like a hero in Scotland.
“Drew has been awesome since he arrived in Scotland,” Krestanovich said, according to the Paisley Daily Express.
“On the ice, he’s put in some great performances and really showed what a star he is.”
Miller had a hat trick in the Clan’s 7-2 victory over the Hull Stingrays on Thursday, which Krestanovich described as “incredible.” Miller has averaged over a point-per-game in the league.
Krestanovich also spoke of the great influence Miller has had on his teammates and confessed that he hopes the lockout continues so that Miller will stay longer.
“It’s a tough situation for Drew as no-one knows what to expect but, while they fail to reach an agreement, we are happy to have him,” Krestanovich added.
If this lockout ends in time to save the NHL season, Miller will report to the Detroit Red Wings, where his services are likely to be appreciated — although perhaps not on the same level as they are with the Clan.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)